Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cheater Buy- M35

Article about: Need some help here from the experts. Visited my daughter this weekend at college, parked out on the street and while walking in I saw a sign that read, "He cheated on me so I am sellin

Default Cheater Buy- M35

Cheater Buy- M35Cheater Buy- M35Cheater Buy- M35Cheater Buy- M35Cheater Buy- M35Cheater Buy- M35Cheater Buy- M35Cheater Buy- M35

Need some help here from the experts. Visited my daughter this weekend at college, parked out on the street and while walking in I saw a sign that read, "He cheated on me so I am selling his stuff!" All moral issues aside...... this guy was a long time WW2 re-enactor so I picked up the helmets that I could afford, payed repro price for all but now I am wondering about this one. Got another size 68 that is clearly a repro, but this one I think may be an original, repainted and decaled, original steel bands but a home made repro leather liner, and the chin strap is so nice it must be repro w/no markings and a stamped out buckle. The size stamp is "SE 68" and the rear flap stamp is "340" and both of these are the same correct font.
    So what do you think?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Cheater Buy- M35
    P
    Many

Cheater Buy- M35Cheater Buy- M35

Here are two pics that did not load the first time. Hope they help. Thanks again, Paul.

Real shell repainted with fake decals as you guessed.

Hi , as Kradspam has said , this is a repainted helmet with fake decals for a re-enactor , but as that what you bought it as I guess that's fine, Leon.

Excellent helmet...for a re enactor. Sounds like a civil dispute brewing in that relationship!

Quote by helmetone View Post
    Excellent helmet...for a re enactor. Sounds like a civil dispute brewing in that relationship!
    The way she described it was: They were just room-mates but got "involved". Then he stopped paying the rent and moved out of state with another girl. When asked how he would pay the back rent.......... he stated "just sell my stuff!".
    She had a lot of early re-enactor grade stuff, no real collectibles.

If I could ask two questions, It looks to me like this was set up as an early war double decal.
    Is this the correct early war grey for Luft Helmets?
    This is the "Late" eagle decal, not the early droop tail, so what date did they start to use this late decal?
    Thanks again, Paul.

Nice original shell with repo decals as stated if you got it cheap enough make a nice display helmet little collector value. I am not sure on your question I would say some time in late 30's I once had a m-35 double decal with chinstrap and liner dated 39 with second pattern Luft decal. timothy

Thank you Timothy! That was exactly the information I was looking for. I am very tempted to pull the liner and see what year it is dated. This would also give me an excuse to replace the pin washers. I think the rest of the liner,(other than the leather part and nylon string!), are originals.
    I told her I was not a collector or expert and have only had repro/re-enactor helmet and I could only pay $70 USD per helmet....... she said "SOLD!".

Nice buy !

I would just leave it as is, and not go pulling it apart.
    It's a decent restoration job.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    Real shell repainted with fake decals as you guessed.
    Without a hint of a doubt.

Brad.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast