Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Chicken Wire Helmet, What do you Think ?

Article about: Hello, i picked this up recently, what do you think ?

?

Default Chicken Wire Helmet, What do you Think ?

Hello, i picked this up recently, what do you think ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Chicken Wire Helmet, What do you Think ?   Chicken Wire Helmet, What do you Think ?  

Chicken Wire Helmet, What do you Think ?   Chicken Wire Helmet, What do you Think ?  

Chicken Wire Helmet, What do you Think ?   Chicken Wire Helmet, What do you Think ?  

Chicken Wire Helmet, What do you Think ?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Chicken Wire Helmet, What do you Think ?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Chicken Wire Helmet, What do you Think ?

I like it. The wire seems to match up to the grooves in the paint and I like the patina. I think its a good soild buy

Looks very aged and has fine patina.I like it too.

?

Thanks for the positive feedback. I feel it is a nice honest example. I was lucky enough to do some research on chicken wire helmets thanks to reading past threads on this site. Due to the many experts and genuine collectors that are attracted to this site, i feel the advice and opinions given are invaluable to all.

?

I would express some doubts about this chickenwire from these photos. There is no "marriage" of oxidization between the wire and shell that a one looker CW helmet has and the rust shown indicates recent oxidization to age the helmet. CW helmets are among the hardest to authenticate and much better photos are needed, usually macro photography. That being said this one I would pass on.

?

Thank you for your view DougB, i shall try macro photography in better light. Will post tomorrow.

Quote by DougB View Post
    I would express some doubts about this chickenwire from these photos. There is no "marriage" of oxidization between the wire and shell that a one looker CW helmet has and the rust shown indicates recent oxidization to age the helmet. CW helmets are among the hardest to authenticate and much better photos are needed, usually macro photography. That being said this one I would pass on.
    I have to agree with Doug , plus the helmet's obviously been overpainted in and outside.
    Whom or where did you buy it from ?

?

Thank you for your view Schwerpunkt, i obtained this helmet from a local bloke who has quite a few helmets etc. that all appear to be original. Having said that, i then posted it here for opinions.

?

Here are a few close ups.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Chicken Wire Helmet, What do you Think ?   Chicken Wire Helmet, What do you Think ?  

i would say it is a good solid buy the wire matches the marks on the helmet in most places
    tom

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast