Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

childhood sort out.

Article about: My first post, so a bit about me. Around 30 years ago as a kid i collected helmets and hats, mostly military, but whatever took my fancy would hang on my bedroom wall or shelves. Not just ha

?

Default childhood sort out.

My first post, so a bit about me. Around 30 years ago as a kid i collected helmets and hats, mostly military, but whatever took my fancy would hang on my bedroom wall or shelves. Not just hang either, they would be played with and worn all the time. This collecting grew into other military items as well. My parents were collectors of antiques and dragged me round boot sales and fairs on a weekly basis. Rather than walk round a bored child, id pick up plenty of bits for my own collection. By my teens i had swords, bayonets, medals, badges, uniforms and dress, all sorts.
    Unfortunately in the 90's i lost most of my collection along with many belongings to my parents rather messy divorce which left me on my own. Yes i have cried many nights!

Anyways....back to the now. I started having a sort out in the garage with the plan on making some space and "hopefully" some money.
    Right up the top shelf is two large crates with what i have left of my bits and pieces and a third full of my old dinky toys (very well played with!). The first time they have seen daylight for many years.
    Hoping you guys can enjoy haveing a look, maybe tell me what i have.
    First up my favourite.
    stamped inside et64 and also 4313.
    Also inside is the painted number 685122
    Written on the leather i can make out "Leopold" followed by a swastika. I cannot make out the other writing.
    Also a circle with "56" which i pressume is the size?
    Now on the outside this has definately had a change during service. Im sure i can make out a more green looking colour breaking thru from underneath, and there has definately been another badge painted over on the opposite side of the badge. Hard to make out in the photo but you can see some red breaking through.
    Hope you like
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture childhood sort out.   childhood sort out.  

childhood sort out.   childhood sort out.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement childhood sort out.
    P
    Many

Hi
    welcome to the Forum.
    It has a good liner but whats up with the decal?
    Has it been painted on the shell?

?

This ones a bit older
    stamped inside "860" The leather band inside is stamped "60" which i pressume is size? And also "1916" "otto kock & co" "berlin s.o."
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture childhood sort out.   childhood sort out.  

childhood sort out.   childhood sort out.  

With the first helmet I wonder if it could be a Norwegian re-issue helmet which has been over painted. (ie originally German, re-used and repainted by Norwegian army, and then repainted again to resemble a German helmet. A decal showing through might therefore be a Norwegian one. Just a guess. Douglas

The second helmet looks like an original M1916 helmet.

Quote by bugz View Post
    My first post, so a bit about me. Around 30 years ago as a kid i collected helmets and hats, mostly military, but whatever took my fancy would hang on my bedroom wall or shelves. Not just hang either, they would be played with and worn all the time. This collecting grew into other military items as well. My parents were collectors of antiques and dragged me round boot sales and fairs on a weekly basis. Rather than walk round a bored child, id pick up plenty of bits for my own collection. By my teens i had swords, bayonets, medals, badges, uniforms and dress, all sorts.
    Unfortunately in the 90's i lost most of my collection along with many belongings to my parents rather messy divorce which left me on my own. Yes i have cried many nights!

Anyways....back to the now. I started having a sort out in the garage with the plan on making some space and "hopefully" some money.
    Right up the top shelf is two large crates with what i have left of my bits and pieces and a third full of my old dinky toys (very well played with!). The first time they have seen daylight for many years.
    Hoping you guys can enjoy haveing a look, maybe tell me what i have.
    First up my favourite.
    stamped inside et64 and also 4313.
    Also inside is the painted number 685122
    Written on the leather i can make out "Leopold" followed by a swastika. I cannot make out the other writing.
    Also a circle with "56" which i pressume is the size?
    Now on the outside this has definately had a change during service. Im sure i can make out a more green looking colour breaking thru from underneath, and there has definately been another badge painted over on the opposite side of the badge. Hard to make out in the photo but you can see some red breaking through.
    Hope you like

?

Now this one i wonder about, partly as its just in such better condition than my others. Now ive had this one at least 26 years from childhood, but im wondering did they produce replicas/fakes back then?
    The black mark on the side is like a tar, when rescued many years ago from my mums boat house the tar from the roof had dripped through the now hot roof. Can be easily removed but just showing them how they are
    Can you guys tell me how to id this one? maybe something to confirm its real or a replica.

childhood sort out.  

?

Quote by NunoGTI View Post
    Hi
    welcome to the Forum.
    It has a good liner but whats up with the decal?
    Has it been painted on the shell?
    Im not sure, took this pic so you can take a closer look.
    It looks to me that its been painted round?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture childhood sort out.  

I like your WW1 M-16 other two I don't know about helmet one is repaint that decal on the M-35 is a repo I have a similar one been around since 1963 when I got one. timothy

?

this is the last of it, and yes that is the remains of my old pilots helmet, Damn rats got it

?

forgot this one
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture childhood sort out.  

Quote by douglas2496 View Post
    With the first helmet I wonder if it could be a Norwegian re-issue helmet which has been over painted. (ie originally German, re-used and repainted by Norwegian army, and then repainted again to resemble a German helmet. A decal showing through might therefore be a Norwegian one. Just a guess. Douglas

The second helmet looks like an original M1916 helmet.
    I agree with Douglas - First helmet looks like a tarted up Norwegian re-issue with fake heer decal. The paint on the inner skirt is the typical Norwegian colour and the liner looks like it has been dyed red. If you flip over one of the tongues in the liner you might be able to see this more apparent on the other side of the leather. Second helmet looks like a nice, honest, small sized M16 helmet with partial liner.

Chris.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast