Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Chinstraps ID

Article about: Hello Gentlemen, Are these chinstraps original or known repros ? They're both the same, i got them 15 yrs ago and kept them as spare parts Thanks in advance

One should also notice the angle and length of the 'V' at the end of the strap. On the repro I have shown it is much more stubby.

Books published to date... 'Belfast Diaries: A Gunner In Northern Ireland'... 'A Tough Nut To Crack - Andersonstown'... 'An Accrington Pal: The Diaries of Pte Jack Smallshaw, September 1914 To March 1919'.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Well I think you have it in the bag then there "ol boy" , two very nice original straps! I am glad my initial thoughts were confirmed and not "blown" sky high! I must admit though, us Reich lid nerds probably do pay much more attention to the paint work than the straps ( quite rightly so imho) !
    Would never get away with that line of thought with a British MKII as the strap is a must have on those. (but then again, I do persist in trying to "educate" those fella's over there on the fakers arts as they are getting every bit as ambitious and expensive as the German lids now!!! Leon.
    "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." Ernest Hemingway

Hello,
    Thanks again to you Leon and to all those who left a comment in the thread...
    I just wanted to make sure i own original chinstraps in order to add one to a M42 helmet i've just sold...but the buyer does want the helmet without chinstrap, as it was found in Normandie...
    Thanks
    "I didn't use any weapon in combat during the war, but i killed hundreds, perhaps thousands of men...they're now at the bottom of the sea"
    Walter Borg (ex-MI6) Agent and radio operator in Malta, Tunisia and Italy between 1941 and 1945. Arrested twice, tortured twice, escaped twice, survived the war...

"The future torments us, the past holds us, that is why the present escapes us."
    Gustave Flaubert

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12