Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Civic or parade helmet or something else?

Article about: I saw this helmet on-line and wonder what it is. It has screened vents and little leather tabs sticking out of the liner. The areas of worn-off paint look like maybe aluminum. I guess it is

?

Default Civic or parade helmet or something else?

I saw this helmet on-line and wonder what it is. It has screened vents and little leather tabs sticking out of the liner. The areas of worn-off paint look like maybe aluminum. I guess it is a civic helmet that was made for a neck skirt to attach to....maybe a fireman's helmet? Any quick assessment would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Civic or parade helmet or something else?   Civic or parade helmet or something else?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Civic or parade helmet or something else?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Civic or parade helmet or something else?

Looks like a aluminum type fire dept helmet sans neck flap,,,maybe this started out as parade helmet but refurbed for the Feurwehr...

Default Re: Civic or parade helmet or something else?

Post war fiber fire helmet. There is a metal rim around the base of the skirt. Often these are passed off as TR vulkanfibre helmets, which they are most definitely not. I think these go for $50-$75. I am not a big fan of them. Jim G.