Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

civic police helmet DD help

Article about: What is the "civil police" description? The helmet is for fire services as can be seen by the leather lugs around the liner to which was attached the neck protector. It is a lightw

Default Re: civic police helmet DD help

What is the "civil police" description? The helmet is for fire services as can be seen by the leather lugs around the liner to which was attached the neck protector. It is a lightweight helmet with those air holes that was unsuitable in combat for any "police division or group". The price is high considering what looks to be dry leather liner. The -9- could have been a Feuerwehr or HJ fire fighting Trupp or Abteilung.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement civic police helmet DD help
    P
    Many

Poloberst (police) had the same type linner for civil use.
    Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Eric, the liner of this helmet includes five semi-circular tabs which were used only to attach neck shields for fire protection. The chin strap was designed for fire fighting helmets, not combat. Helmets used by the police for combat purposes were identical to those issued to the Wehrmacht, save for the decals. For what "civil use" would the police employ this type of helmet?

Quote by Poloberst View Post
    Eric, the liner of this helmet includes five semi-circular tabs which were used only to attach neck shields for fire protection. The chin strap was designed for fire fighting helmets, not combat. Helmets used by the police for combat purposes were identical to those issued to the Wehrmacht, save for the decals. For what "civil use" would the police employ this type of helmet?
    It's very well established that these helmets were used by police and fire service units. How about just to look imposing and Germanic, hallmarking the militaristic authority of the regime? I would postulate that is the very reason the M34 is the shape that it is, it's no accident it was designed and produced for the civil services the year following the rise of the NSDAP. To the general public the police are the most visible authoritarian entity, so why not have them wearing the most defining piece of Germanic headgear, the stahlhelm? With two dirty great decals on the sides no less, just in case anyone missed the point.

Also, and this is no small point; The decals on the helmet are police decals, identical to the ones you refer to on the Feldgendarmerie helmets......

The more you guys go back and forth the more I learn I will see how low I can get it for, I really like the look of it. thanks for all the advice.

well he wont come down in price much at all, which is odd since its been sitting there for a year, I wish I could get a nice single decal heer helmet for 300 instead, I will have to think about this some more.

Quote by maximus71 View Post
    well he wont come down in price much at all, which is odd since its been sitting there for a year, I wish I could get a nice single decal heer helmet for 300 instead, I will have to think about this some more.
    I'd just sit on your $300, sell some junk on ebay maybe and get a nice combat lid. You are not far away a very nice ND M42.

If what you really want is combat lid save your money you will be much happier.
    chris

Good starter combat helmet here for $300.

World War II German Helmets - Buy the BEST HERE!

Thanks I will look into it. I may save up for a nice decal lid though

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast