Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Civic Polizei Helmet Help Please

Article about: I picked this up to learn more about Polizei helmets. I am looking for confirmation on my assumptions from the research and other examples I have been able to find. I am calling this a M34 C

Default Civic Polizei Helmet Help Please

I picked this up to learn more about Polizei helmets. I am looking for confirmation on my assumptions from the research and other examples I have been able to find. I am calling this a M34 Civic Polizei double decal helmet. The decals both look good to me and the Polizei being the later bordered decal, silver color. I was not able to find any maker marks on the steel lid. Concerning? The liner looks good to me. The paint appears to be original to me. The chin strap appears to be an odd replacement. I could not find another example of one like this. It is also missing one liner pin and cork washer. Is this helmet worth putting the effort in the replacement pin and washer and possibly chinstrap. All opinions are appreciate.
    John

Civic Polizei Helmet Help PleaseCivic Polizei Helmet Help PleaseCivic Polizei Helmet Help PleaseCivic Polizei Helmet Help PleaseCivic Polizei Helmet Help PleaseCivic Polizei Helmet Help PleaseCivic Polizei Helmet Help Please

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Civic Polizei Helmet Help Please
    P
    Many

Decals look like maybe ET Decals to me even then though the black boarder above the red seems to thick. I do not like the decals but I’m just a beginner so I could be totally wrong and the chinstrap postwar added. Just my opinion of coarse wait for others.

I am unfamiliar with both decals. Maybe this is a post war fire helmet with repro decals added
    D.

Quote by real steel View Post
    I am unfamiliar with both decals. Maybe this is a post war fire helmet with repro decals added
    D.
    I would agree.

I am by no means a helmet expert, hell, I basically have zero knowledge of the intricacies of them. However, I have a fire helmet with the same chinstrap, a comb on the helmet and no decals.
    Model 1934 Firemans Helmet.

Decals are bad, and I agree with Dave that the shell is post War. The lot number stamped on the apron will confirm that. If I recall the curved dip shells with lot #'s starting with DN are post War. Jim G.

Thank you for all of the information and replies. One more to had to my hall of shame and school of hard knocks. Good learning experience though and not to expensive.
    John

typical fake police decal set. The pebbled background of the swastika is good to remember.

You dont' even have to look at the decals. The helmet itself is a post war m34 model. That makes the decals automatically fake. Wich look obviously fake by the way. The vent holes of the helmet form a lying hexagon while on a war time shell it forms a standing hexagon.