Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

ckl66 M42 Heer

Article about: Hi Fellas, I got this one in this week from relatively close to home, which does not happen very often. Nicely toned ET Heer decal, with a very dark paint finish, there is also a faint accep

?

Default ckl66 M42 Heer

Hi Fellas,

I got this one in this week from relatively close to home, which does not happen very often.
    Nicely toned ET Heer decal, with a very dark paint finish, there is also a faint acceptance stamp in the dome but is difficult to see let alone photograph.
    Not one for the purists though, as it has had it's liner changed from what was originally fitted (badly damaged apparently).
    The replacement liner matches well with the condition of the shell, and the band is dated 1942.
    That aside, I quite like it, and it does display nicely.
    I don't know what to make of what appears to be either a bit of camo paint, or whitewash remnants
    around the right vent and down towards the edge of the rim, any ideas.

All comments welcome.

Brad.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ckl66 M42 Heer   ckl66 M42 Heer  

ckl66 M42 Heer   ckl66 M42 Heer  

ckl66 M42 Heer  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ckl66 M42 Heer
    P
    Many

?

Hi Brad, nice simple M42 lid, even with a refurb. Looks like maybe an ex-winter camo. Congrats!

?

A nice M42 found near home , what more can you ask for, congrats Brad.

Sounds like a win/win Brad.
    Regards,
    John

Hi Brad , that's a good looking M42 , the liner has been very well matched , I would not have guessed it was a replacement! Leon.

nice sd m42 helmet brad. i would be happy with this helmet. do you think you might find a chin strap some time the track. or just leve it as is.

How do you know the liner has been replaced? The rivets look quite tight and the band doesn't appear bent at all.

S'pose you can't read the owners name on the liner eh, Brad? ( otherwise you would have mentioned it )
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Thanks for the nice words guys, it had been a bit of a dilemma personally, but I caved when I found it on this continent

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    How do you know the liner has been replaced? The rivets look quite tight and the band doesn't appear bent at all.
    Hi Glenn,

I know what you mean, it looks a period match, but the seller was completely open about it being changed, as he was the one who changed it.

PS, If by chance additional pics are needed, just ask coz I'm havin fun with the new camera/background thingies! lol.

Brad.

?

Quote by Danmark View Post
    S'pose you can't read the owners name on the liner eh, Brad? ( otherwise you would have mentioned it )
    Hi Dan,

I wish I could be sure, what do you chaps make of the signature?

Brad.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ckl66 M42 Heer  

?

Quote by geelong View Post
    nice sd m42 helmet brad. i would be happy with this helmet. do you think you might find a chin strap some time the track. or just leve it as is.
    I reckon I'll leave it. I don't really want to alter it further, but if one came along that hit all the right buttons, maybe.

Brad.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast