Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Claimed to be helmet of SS "Nord"

Article about: Hi there gents, I was offered this helmet today, sadly enough the seller can´t or won´t give better pics as a result I will not be buying. Still please tell me your honest opinions on what y

Jan
    ?

Default Claimed to be helmet of SS "Nord"

Hi there gents,

I was offered this helmet today, sadly enough the seller can´t or won´t give better pics as a result I will not be buying. Still please tell me your honest opinions on what you see.

Best,

Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Claimed to be helmet of SS "Nord"  
    Attached Images Attached Images Claimed to be helmet of SS "Nord"  Claimed to be helmet of SS "Nord"  Claimed to be helmet of SS "Nord" 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Claimed to be helmet of SS "Nord"
    P
    Many

?

Offcourse you know what people gonna say... Bigger pics of the decals.....

Jan
    ?

Yes that´s what I asked for but as I already wrote it seems he´s not sending them so I am not buying this. I was just curious as to other suspicious details. I´m just trying to learn things here.

Best,

Jan

?

Well, if the seller doesn't want to send pictures, don't bother anymore.
    The guy shall have to wait long time if he doesn't want to send them.

Jan
    ?

IMO the helmet has been tempered with (a lot).

Best, Jan

I see a heavily boogered with helmet. Looks like the edges of the decal have been purposefully obscured. If it is a good piece the seller should be happy to provide extra photos. NH

Good decision to leave it alone.

Steve

So, the seller managed ONE photo in a near reasonable size while the others were thumbnails... of course, the tiny thumbnail sized ones include the conveniently angled decal shots. The decals look almost scorched, kind of like fake paper based ones... impossible to really tell with photos akin to poor satellite imagery, of course --- All I can say is; walk away

Jan
    ?

I find this fake WW2 "relics" thing very interesting. It must be based on a huge demand..

Best,

Jan

Quote by Jan View Post
    I find this fake WW2 "relics" thing very interesting. It must be based on a huge demand..

Best,

Jan
    No, it's based on the opportunity to relieve hard working honest people of their money by nefarious and criminal means that are not especially high tech or especially difficult, it's "money for old rope" as we say over here.....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast