Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

In Classified - M17 Transtional

Article about: Last of the three helmets I have issues/questions on that are being advertised in the classified section. This is M17 Tranny. M17 Wehrmacht helmet - Militaria Collectibles buy - sell at War

MAP
    ?

Default In Classified - M17 Transtional

Last of the three helmets I have issues/questions on that are being advertised in the classified section.

This is M17 Tranny.

M17 Wehrmacht helmet - Militaria Collectibles buy - sell at War Relics

Appears to be repainted or at least heavily buffed and cleaned on the outside

And decal looks bad as well

Liner may be correct but can not tell.

As with the others, I leave this open for discussion to give it a fair shake......
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement In Classified - M17 Transtional
    P
    Many

It appears to have paint over rust pitting.

Not for me thanks.

Other comments please gents before I pull it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Looks contrived to me!....

MAP
    ?

Would have been better to list these three helmets as they were instead of trying to pass off as original.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I'm always concerned when a newbie comes to this forum and asks how or where to buy German Helmets,and its quite often stated the classifieds here,but why when its blatantly obvious many of the items in question are rubbish?that might put any beginner off straight away.plus wouldn't of thought it does a great forums reputation any good either.

The decal is real but a much better photo of the exterior paint is need and of the decal so we can see what's the deal with the paint.
    Usually these mid war single decal reissues have textured matte paint.

What gets me is the lack of patina on the areas where the paint has worn away, it's bright bare metal as if the paint was worn away yesterday!...

MAP
    ?

Just a point....I am not in anyway passing judgement on the seller of these three helmets. It is more than possible that he thought they were all authentic (with the jury still out on this one) and he does have some positive reviews for past sales. I did ask for additional photos of one of them but have not heard back however.

Jake: Understand your comments. Which is why I brought these to the attention of the members here. Overall I think there has been a recent spat of questionable items but the good news is that most if not all have been called out for what they are.

Regards,

Michael

MAP
    ?

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    The decal is real but a much better photo of the exterior paint is need and of the decal so we can see what's the deal with the paint.
    Usually these mid war single decal reissues have textured matte paint.
    Don't think any better pictures are forthcoming. I PM'ed the seller for better pictures of the M42 Camo a number of days ago and have not received any response......would expect the same here.