Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

The Collector’s Guild

Article about: Hi Anyone had dealings with these people ... I’ve sent countless emails to them and received no response what so ever!!

Default The Collector’s Guild

Hi
    Anyone had dealings with these people ... I’ve sent countless emails to them and received no response what so ever!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Collector’s Guild
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Stevade View Post
    Hi
    Anyone had dealings with these people ... I’ve sent countless emails to them and received no response what so ever!!
    They are reputable dealer in Canada that sell many items on consignment for collectors. I have picked a couple things up over the years there from Peter and Carey. They can be a little slow at times to respond. If Carey is out a little longer yet if they are on Holiday. The tough part is you cannot call them. If you do you can leave a message but they only respond via email at pawmac@nbnet.nb.ca & guild@nb.aibn.com

I have always emailed to both addresses as I think Peter does look at one of the addresses and Carey the other. Not sure that helps you but it is all I have. They are good people but could improve on correspondence.

Rossi
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

I have had a good experience with them. Correspondence was not an issue. Check to see if their responses went into a spam filter. NH

JMM
    ?

No problems at all. Good seller but sometimes a bit slow on correspondence.
    Be patient ...

?

I might add. If you make an offer on an item versus their published offer price be prepared to wait a few days. They must go back to the owner of the piece to see if they will accept the offer. If I remember last year I ordered an item and the best time to reach them is early am. Keep in mind they are in Fredericton, New Brunswick so not sure how that effects your time zone when you reach out. Just some more thoughts. Overall they are great. Stay after them.

Only thing I have observed...their helmets are overpriced. An occasional "stinker" as the M42 NS item H061878 that just sold. Eagle is a post war applied HJK. But that's just my opinion. (edit) Another bad one. Helmet # HO34078 the Austrian DD with a fake "Q" bigfoot applied. That's after only viewing his helmets for about 30 seconds. Should I continue ? Sure there are a few more bad ones, but I think I had enough. Point is..."Reputable" ?? to who ?
    D.

There's another bad M42 SD. Anyone can pick-out which one it is ?? This is sort of fun. Maybe I will do a CG critique on helmets once in a while. Have not visited the site in a long time. Now I know why
    D.

Quote by Stevade View Post
    Hi
    Your lucky !! Would advise getting a few opinions first ...the OP was in regards to helmets. Tomorrow...I "cringe" at the thought , will take a peek at the other branches of service in the helmet dept. Really looking forward to the police section.

When I want a helmet, there are just 3 sites I shop on, maybe 4. When I look for a tunic, one site only. Badge hunting ? One, maybe two sites only. I shop on sites that specialize in a specific field. Some of these dealers that cover everything, are prone to being overwhelmed due to $$ being involved so errors occur for that reason. But a "Bigfoot" Q decal on an Austrian DD is a no no. That's "helmets 101". How did they miss that ? No excuse especially at $1500
    D.

?

Quote by real steel View Post
    Your lucky !! Would advise getting a few opinions first ...the OP was in regards to helmets. Tomorrow...I "cringe" at the thought , will take a peek at the other branches of service in the helmet dept. Really looking forward to the police section.

When I want a helmet, there are just 3 sites I shop on, maybe 4. When I look for a tunic, one site only. Badge hunting ? One, maybe two sites only. I shop on sites that specialize in a specific field. Some of these dealers that cover everything, are prone to being overwhelmed due to $$ being involved so errors occur for that reason. But a "Bigfoot" Q decal on an Austrian DD is a no no. That's "helmets 101". How did they miss that ? No excuse especially at $1500
    D.
    Look forward to your Helmet review David as it sounds like you have found some with major issues. I have had luck on 3 to 4 field gear items over the years but have never done any dagger or helmet shopping or bigger ticket items.

Hi Kirk
    I don't know how they fare with field gear, daggers, badges, etc.etc. I take your word you received some good stuff. The OP was posted under "Steel helmets"...so I don't want to see Stevade get taken. If the category was "field gear" or anything non-helmet related, I would not have replied.
    However...seems Stevade is helmet shopping at CG...therefore I take an interest. Hopefully he will ask for other opinions on whatever he has his eyes set on.

Sort of a "wake up call" for those that rely on dealer reputation. They are prone to screwing up too. One must learn their area of interest or at least have basic knowledge before they pay. Always remember with many dealers..."$$ first"
    D.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast