Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Combat helmets with round bottom national shields.

Article about: Hello chaps, I've been thinking a bit recently about the early TR rounded bottom national shields and I would be interested to see any on combat helmets that reside in your collections. I'd

Default Combat helmets with round bottom national shields.

Hello chaps,

I've been thinking a bit recently about the early TR rounded bottom national shields and I would be interested to see any on combat helmets that reside in your collections. I'd like to see if there is anything else in common between the lids, and particularly the date range we find on them. I have seen the decal on civic helmets mostly, but not many combat models (transitionals or M35+). A couple of very cool examples have been posted on GHW, one being an M40 (!).

Here is mine to start us off, please add your own pics! I can't see anything on it to suggest a date except that it has a single ply alu liner (which won't budge to read the year).

Combat helmets with round bottom national shields.Combat helmets with round bottom national shields.Combat helmets with round bottom national shields.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Combat helmets with round bottom national shields.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Combat helmets with round bottom national shields.

Hi Kradspam,here is my Luftwaffe M35 with a round bottom national decal although someone in the past has "touched it up"(not guilty M'lud!)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Combat helmets with round bottom national shields.   Combat helmets with round bottom national shields.  

Combat helmets with round bottom national shields.   Combat helmets with round bottom national shields.  

I think that one might be the later style one mate? The break in the shield looks a bit sharper.

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    I think that one might be the later style one mate? The break in the shield looks a bit sharper.
    Hi Kradspam,you could be right,it is hard to tell with the distortion caused by the red"touch up" and the Luftwaffe matt over paint to convert it from the earlier shiney paint.That matt over paint has gone slightly over the decal also. Leon.