Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Combat Weight Interwar Commercial M18 Himmler/M34 Duckbill Hybrid

Article about: This is a shell style that I have rarely come across in over 50 years of collecting - an interwar*commercially manufactured M18 *that to me appears to be a Himmler/M34 hybrid design. *It is

Default Combat Weight Interwar Commercial M18 Himmler/M34 Duckbill Hybrid

This is a shell style that I have rarely come across in over 50 years of collecting - an interwar*commercially manufactured M18 *that to me appears to be a Himmler/M34 hybrid design. *It is combat weight, and from the side the profile closely resembles the profile of the so called Himmler style shells, with an elongated bill and a very shallow scoop. *The frankenstein vent lugs characteristic of the combat weight Himmlers are absent. *Instead, this helmet has a single 7 hole vent constellation on each side, similar to the vents on lightweight M34 duckbill shells. *It is in fairly good shape complete with a nicely preserved commercial liner/chin strap assembly. *There are some scrape marks on each side that suggest thither may have been insignia on this piece at one time, but I cannot make out what those insignia may have been. *It is a simple, perhaps boring helmet, but I like it. *Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Combat Weight Interwar Commercial M18 Himmler/M34 Duckbill Hybrid   Combat Weight Interwar Commercial M18 Himmler/M34 Duckbill Hybrid  

Combat Weight Interwar Commercial M18 Himmler/M34 Duckbill Hybrid   Combat Weight Interwar Commercial M18 Himmler/M34 Duckbill Hybrid  

Combat Weight Interwar Commercial M18 Himmler/M34 Duckbill Hybrid   Combat Weight Interwar Commercial M18 Himmler/M34 Duckbill Hybrid  

Combat Weight Interwar Commercial M18 Himmler/M34 Duckbill Hybrid  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Combat Weight Interwar Commercial M18 Himmler/M34 Duckbill Hybrid
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Not one I have seen Jim. Another variation for your collection
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Not boring at all Jim. A rather attractive helmet IMO. It s certainly not run of the mill. Best regards.

Brian

Jim, you have so many "hens teeth" helmets that when you are gone someone will claim to have found a new flying lizard!! That is another very interesting lid, and I doubt you or I will see another in your next 50 years! Thanks for posting it up. Leon.
    "Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." Ernest Hemingway

Very interesting and rare variant in really nice condition. Thanks for sharing it.

?

In no way boring, a very nice lid........congrats.