MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Comments as to Helmet identification

Article about: Researching my wife's (deceased) father's WWII Helmet trophy she located in attic after many years. Need your expertise as to identity of and possible value. So far what I have researched, i

?

Default Comments as to Helmet identification

Researching my wife's (deceased) father's WWII Helmet trophy she located in attic after many years. Need your expertise as to identity of and possible value. So far what I have researched, it appears that we have a M42 Krjegsmarine SD HKP64 2688 Liner stamp 57. In addition we have her Dad's DD214, Medals & Medal history if she decides to sell it. The liner is kind of dryed out & has some deteriation. I've been having problems uploading pics. but here goes, thanks for any assistance you can provide, BillComments as to Helmet identificationComments as to Helmet identificationComments as to Helmet identificationComments as to Helmet identificationComments as to Helmet identificationComments as to Helmet identificationComments as to Helmet identificationComments as to Helmet identificationComments as to Helmet identificationComments as to Helmet identification

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Comments as to Helmet identification
    P
    Many

Default Re: Comments as to Helmet identification

very nice and honest looking helmet, as to value i cannot help.

thnaks

?

ES, thanks for looking and appreciated comment.

Hi, a very nice lid. I would estimate a value of around $1000-$1200 usd.

?

Thanks KS, that should cheer my wife up.

nice one. M42 indeed, also KM seems to be right seeing that the decal is golden.
    I would also say (in euros) 1000. pity the liner is a little broken,

Hi and welcome to the forum. I'd say it most likely a Navy helmet. Given the condition of the liner, a missing finger and no strap, I'd say it comes in a little under $1000, maybe more around $900, but prices are always subjective. That's a prime candidate for the addition of an original strap and that's going to run the buyer $100-200 depending on the condition of the strap. The decal is in very good condition so that's a plus. Those are my thoughts. Nice helmet though. Wish I had the cash to buy if you sell.

Agreed, a great KM with a nice honest liner. The guys are spot on in pricing and you would get a buyer rather quick I thnk

Cheers
    Jason