Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Comments needed on M16

Article about: Hello fello forum members , a few years back i purchased this m16 , it has a post war camo paint job , i decides to strip it off to see what was under neath . After the camo was off it had a

Default Comments needed on M16

Hello fello forum members , a few years back i purchased this m16 , it has a post war camo paint job , i decides to strip it off to see what was under neath . After the camo was off it had a coat of black paint and some emblems painted on , after this was removed a very dark green paint was there , paint looked alot older than the prevous two layers , i started to remove this as well as in one spot i took a little to much off and could see white paint . This had me interested so off came all the green , and the following pictures will tell the rest . The white paint is very old as is the black that the rest of the helmet is painted . Under this is a coat of choclate brown paint . One thing that is intriging is the added pieces on the swastica , and the number 11 on the sides of the helmet there are also traces of red paint here , also there are traces of what looks like what maybe splashes of a concrete type substance on the inside of the shell and a few very small spots of it on the out side of the shell. Sorry the photos arnt the best but i can seem to get them any closer . looking forward to your comments , cheers Raymond Comments needed on M16

Comments needed on M16

Comments needed on M16

Comments needed on M16

Comments needed on M16

Comments needed on M16

Comments needed on M16

Comments needed on M16

Comments needed on M16

Comments needed on M16

Comments needed on M16

Comments needed on M16

Comments needed on M16

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Comments needed on M16
    P
    Many

Default Re: Comments needed on M16

That is a nice lid Raymond. It just goes to show you that you can't judge a helmet on the 1st impression.

I wonder what kind of story goes with the helmet before the fake camo?

rgrds, Ty

Thanks TY , i think the paint job under the camo is probaly 60's or 70's biker , the green , i dont know , the swastica and the rest i dont know , iv had a couple of guys over here in NZ think it has a chance as Friekorps , so this is why i posted it , see what our fellow members think , cheers Raymond

Thanks it was a real surprize for me, cheers Raymond

Come on guys , no more comments , good or bad i dont mined, cheers Raymond

its an interesting helmet , id like to get as much info as i can regarding it possibly being a true Freikorps lid , iv read a bit on them and this has alot of aspects that are looking toward it being a good one , but the more input the better , cheers mate Raymond

i had a look ,looks good , man they a quite high in there prices , i bought the m16 and a couple of other helmets and caps for $100 NZ . im happy , even it isnt a Friekorps lid , cheers Raymond

Good? of course it is. I would not hesitate to grab that lid in a moment.

Quote by kungfuty View Post
    Good? of course it is. I would not hesitate to grab that lid in a moment.
    Thank you for your comment Kungfuty , cheers Raymond