Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Comparing M 35 Helmets

Article about: Hi Friends, You all know I just purchased my first M35 DD LW helmet and posted pictures of it last week. Thanks for all the responses. This weekend I dug out an old M35 that I have had since

Default Comparing M 35 Helmets

Hi Friends,

You all know I just purchased my first M35 DD LW helmet and posted pictures of it last week. Thanks for all the responses. This weekend I dug out an old M35 that I have had since I was a kid. I really do not know much about it at all. Could any of you shed some light on it?
    The helmet has been repainted green at some time. I took some Goo Gone to the sides to see if there was any decals underneath. The paint came off fairly easily but I found nothing but bare steel. The inside might look like a more blue color. On the left ear side there is a maker mark of "T64" or "E64" I cannot make out which even with a magnifying glass and chalk. The batch number in the back is hard to read also but is "3128". I could not get good photos of either. I am interested in what you think of the liner. It is very different from the M35 I just bought. The 3 pins that hold the liner in place have brass heads. I can try to take more pictures if that would help.
    Comparing M 35 HelmetsComparing M 35 HelmetsComparing M 35 HelmetsComparing M 35 HelmetsComparing M 35 HelmetsComparing M 35 HelmetsComparing M 35 HelmetsComparing M 35 HelmetsComparing M 35 HelmetsComparing M 35 HelmetsComparing M 35 HelmetsComparing M 35 HelmetsComparing M 35 HelmetsComparing M 35 HelmetsComparing M 35 HelmetsComparing M 35 Helmets

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Comparing M 35 Helmets
    P
    Many

?

Looks like an early ET M35. The maker should be stamped on the right side of the skirt.

Quote by DougB View Post
    Looks like an early ET M35. The maker should be stamped on the right side of the skirt.
    Thanks Doug,

There is a stamp on the left ear side. If you are looking into the inside of the helmet from the front it is on the right side. What I can make out is "T64". The ends of the cross bar on top of the T are turned down a little. My "T" is straight across. The helmet's "T" has turned down ends. I cannot make out an "ET64" I cannot get a decent picture either. What about the liner? An "ET" liner? Very different from the "NS" liner. The liner has 9 fingers where most I have seen have 8. The chin strap in not removable as it is riveted fast. When they repaint do they strip the helmets of the old paint? I was surprised that i did not find and paint under the green paint on the surface.

Here are some side by side pictures. The M35 DD LW "NS" is on the left. The M35 "ET" or "T" is on the right.Comparing M 35 HelmetsComparing M 35 HelmetsComparing M 35 HelmetsComparing M 35 HelmetsComparing M 35 Helmets

?

It's ET, the E is just probably obscured by postwar paint or lightly stamped.

The liners were made not by the helmet manufacturer but by 3rd parties. The liner maker and year of manufacture is stamped on the left side of the liner and can usually be seen by gently pulling the liner away from the shell and shining a light in there.

The 9 fingers are typical of larger size 68/70 sizes or a spliced liner.

Quote by DougB View Post
    It's ET, the E is just probably obscured by postwar paint or lightly stamped.

The liners were made not by the helmet manufacturer but by 3rd parties. The liner maker and year of manufacture is stamped on the left side of the liner and can usually be seen by gently pulling the liner away from the shell and shining a light in there.

The 9 fingers are typical of larger size 68/70 sizes or a spliced liner.
    Thanks Doug,

I could not find any markings on the sides of the liner metal, either the outer strip of metal or the inner strip with the leather on it. Oh well.

William

Hi William, it is a repainted ET shell, looks like the liner was pulled out and put back in judging by the bends in the liner pin. Just my opinion here and I am not trying to be rude but I would not display this one next to your Luftwaffe one. It detracts from the great helmet next to it!! Leon.

looks like a post war finnish helmet, german m35 shell is original, . the chin strap studds are much the same as finnish chin straps. and helmet paint. finnish helmets did have german ww2 liners in them too.

I was thinking also Finnish used M35 from the green colour and chin strap

Possibly used by a biker, with those decals?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast