Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Is This Considered a Camo Helmet???

Article about: All 3 helmets are FANTASTIC!!!

?

Default Re: Is This Considered a Camo Helmet???

All 3 helmets are FANTASTIC!!!
    Last edited by DougB; 06-15-2009 at 02:20 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is This Considered a Camo Helmet???
    P
    Many

Quote by Dimas View Post
    I would say that is not a "Mummaraase green" it's a traces from non professional cleaning with Oxalic acid.
    The Mummassaare green color is the same as used in Western front for Luftwaffe field divisions, but in that case is a Nederland type paint in that area
    Hello Dimas!! How are you guys? Well I hope.

The helmet is green. And also I am not so sure someone has tried to, or did clean it with oxalic acid. I have attached more pics. You may be able to see the green color of this helmet.

If not "mummaraase" green, what color green is it? The interior of the helmet has green paint, but is smooth like a regular helmet paint, no sand in it.

If the helmet was green smooth paint before it was painted "sand camo" , do you not think the second, or third coat of paint on this helmet was most probably, OR possibly a varying green shade of paint, than the original green interior paint?? You can see where it has the big chip and holes on top, how thick the coats of paint are.

If the pictures are not sufficient, when it is light out here tomorrow, I will take some better pics for you. It is green on exterior of helmet still.

I guess it is possible maybe it was wiped down the helmet with the oxalic acid, thus maybe a Small color change in the outside green paint, but not so sure of that.
    Please tell me why you think so.

I am not familiar with the way you can use oxalic acid. Do you have to soak the helmet, or can you wipe it on, and off with rags etc?? in just spots.

To me, the helmet looks untouched, and there were many rocks, pebbles, sand, plant matter etc. in this green helmet when it arrived.
    The other grey helmet looks like it was maybe oiled/wiped with something. Maybe vegetable oil or?? it has no big smell. There were still many rocks dirt etc in that one too, and there are small pebbles and stones stuck like glue to the liner band.

HaHa, all the debris and dirt, pebbles that came out of these helmets, I put in small zip bag and labeled, "Narva Ostfront battlefield". I hope that is correct.

Regards, Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is This Considered a Camo Helmet???   Is This Considered a Camo Helmet???  

Is This Considered a Camo Helmet???   Is This Considered a Camo Helmet???  

Quote by Luis22 View Post
    All 3 helmets are FANTASTIC!!!
    Hello Luis, thank you. How is it going down in So. FL.?? What do you collect?

Regards, Steve

Hello again!! I remembered my camera has a flash. The helmet is green. These pics should show the fairly true color. I do not think it was "un-professionally" restored or given the oxalic acid treatment. I believe better pics were needed to make that statement. My opinion only. I have helmet in hand.

Regards, Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is This Considered a Camo Helmet???   Is This Considered a Camo Helmet???  

Could anyone post a picture of a helmet with the Mummarasse green?? i Would it be this green??
    Hello Luis, very nice looking helmet. Your pics are excellent. What resolution do have your camera set to? Also is the lighting daylight behind the white "curtain" in background? or a light source?

My camera is set on 640x480 for sending pics in emails etc, and I use the macro setting for pics.
    I will try a higher resolution, then maybe you will be able to enlarge the pics like yours?? Is that how it works with pics here?? Any help will be appreciated.

Regards, Steve

?

Quote by Kilroy Was Here View Post
    Hello Luis, thank you. How is it going down in So. FL.?? What do you collect?

Regards, Steve
    Hi Steve,
    Everything is fine down here.. I mostly collect helmets in particular relics or ground dug..those 3 that you posted are really cool !!Regarding the color of your helmet I do have one that has similar shades like yours..I believe that this is due to sand applied to the helmet ..

?

Quote by Kilroy Was Here View Post
    Hello Luis, very nice looking helmet. Your pics are excellent. What resolution do have your camera set to? Also is the lighting daylight behind the white "curtain" in background? or a light source?

My camera is set on 640x480 for sending pics in emails etc, and I use the macro setting for pics.
    I will try a higher resolution, then maybe you will be able to enlarge the pics like yours?? Is that how it works with pics here?? Any help will be appreciated.

Regards, Steve
    Hi
    I use a small Sony 7 mega pixel set to Macro and always under natural light no flash...this is a link that shows a lot of tricks..

Board Message

Hi Steve,
    Everything is fine down here.. I mostly collect helmets in particular relics or ground dug..those 3 that you posted are really cool !!Regarding the color of your helmet I do have one that has similar shades like yours..I believe that this is due to sand applied to the helmet ..
    Hi Luis, thanks again, they really are good looking lids. I like relics now too, more and more. Very interesting items being found these days.
    I try to use natural light too for pics, but thought your pics maybe were indoors with a light of some type.

Happy hunting. Regards, Steve

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2