Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Considering purchase, thoughts?

Article about: I am planning on purchasing my first NSG helmet, and have on this forum been advised to buy quality, not the cheapest items. I have checked the different sites which sell helmets for many we

?

Default Considering purchase, thoughts?

I am planning on purchasing my first NSG helmet, and have on this forum been advised to buy quality, not the cheapest items. I have checked the different sites which sell helmets for many weeks, and I think I found one which fits by criteria: Not too high price (this helmet is 700$), SD, with authentic liner, and no rust.

The seller is River Valley Militaria, a seller which I have been recommended, and the description reads: "M40 Luftwaffe helmet with a coating Luftwaffe paint carefully painted around the decal in a trapezoid pattern. I can’t make out the liner band date and the leather is worn"

What do you guys think, does the helmet look completely authentic? Is it worth the price?

Considering purchase, thoughts?Considering purchase, thoughts?Considering purchase, thoughts?Considering purchase, thoughts?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Considering purchase, thoughts?
    P
    Many

So the helmet was over painted some time ago by someone and even this has flaked. The liner looks original apart from the drawstring replacement, the bane on the rim looks bright and may not be original but adds dollars if the seller added it. I am suspicious of it, the decal overpaint is curious.

I think it is a good one. Jim G.

This lid looks good to me as well.

Fine helmet, actually pretty nice.

I know the seller personally & is a great guy to deal with

Helmet is good , I see no immediate issues.

?

There is a nice M40 single decal no rust, no funky overpaint on the Griffin Militaria website for under $600. and on the plus size its a huge size 66 !