Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Could my M-42 dd Police be a Wasserschulzpolieze?

Article about: I have posted pictures of this helmet on the forum before. I'm pretty confident that it is the real deal as my dad bought about 40 years ago from an older gentleman who brought it back as a

Default Could my M-42 dd Police be a Wasserschulzpolieze?

I have posted pictures of this helmet on the forum before. I'm pretty confident that it is the real deal as my dad bought about 40 years ago from an older gentleman who brought it back as a souveneir.
    Anyway, in reading something on one of the reference sites I noticed that the helmets with the gold in the badges were supposedly Wasserschulzpolieze. Can anyone help me with that? I know that some of the badges had a gold tint due to age, but this one looks to have been gold from the start.
    Another interesting thing is the liner's attachment. Instead of being riveted, it is bolted with thin nuts inside. Has anybody seen this before?
    I attached another close-up picture of the badge.Could my M-42 dd Police be a Wasserschulzpolieze?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Could my M-42 dd Police be a Wasserschulzpolieze?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Could my M-42 dd Police be a Wasserschulzpolieze?

this is a common question. IMO there was no dedicated gold water police decal, and they wore the same as other police units. I've never seen a convincing one, like a one look KM decal for example compared to a Heer. I think whenever this crops up it is just a toned decal in the same way a Heer sometimes goes.

?

There was a big debate about this some time ago, the concensus of opinion was that there was no solid evidence regarding the existence of a dedicated water police decal but there are still those that claim one did, there were many very toned examples which gave rise to the thoughts of a gold decal

?

Welcome Boatron, what you have posted here is a lacquer toned police decal, which turns this yellowish with age. This can be seen under magnification, where a KM decal has a bright golden overlay, vs age toning of a lacquer coating as this one has. I have never seen a water police decal that has the same properties as a KM decal and given the small numbers these would have been I also cannot see the requisition for one either. Can you post a photo of the liner attachment, it sounds interesting perhaps a field repair.
    Cheers
    Doug

Thanks for the help guys. I guess everybody thinks they have a rare find.
    Doug, I am attaching a couple of photos. I hope that they are clear enough to see. I am trying to get an approximate value. Not because I want to sell but I have had this one for about 40 years and am curious.Could my M-42 dd Police be a Wasserschulzpolieze?Could my M-42 dd Police be a Wasserschulzpolieze?Could my M-42 dd Police be a Wasserschulzpolieze?

Boatron

I have a aluminum fire helmet with the same bolts holding the chin strap on.

Burt

Of all the helmets I have owned and seen, this is the only one I have seen with the nuts & bolts.
    I have only been on this forum for a couple of weeks and have gotten a wealth of information. One thing I must admit is that it is a bit addictive!
    Thanks for all of the help guys.

Boatron

?

I could imagine one pin being replaced by a substitute but all three sounds a bit strange, unless someone could'nt be bothered with refitting the proper pins, the lazy perisher