Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Couple of M40 helmets looking to purchase

Article about: I am looking to buy a couple of M40 helmets but I was hoping you guys could take a look at them and tell me if they are worth the price being asked. The first one has a liner and half of the

Default Couple of M40 helmets looking to purchase

I am looking to buy a couple of M40 helmets but I was hoping you guys could take a look at them and tell me if they are worth the price being asked.

The first one has a liner and half of the chinstrap. The only problems with this one is that someone began painted the visor of the helmet at sometime. There is also a swastika that was painted/scratched onto the side. He is offering it to me for $300. If the helmet was in better shape I would think that this is a fair deal, but I wasn't sure how much these problems knocked down the value.

Couple of M40 helmets looking to purchaseCouple of M40 helmets looking to purchaseCouple of M40 helmets looking to purchaseCouple of M40 helmets looking to purchaseCouple of M40 helmets looking to purchaseCouple of M40 helmets looking to purchase

The second helmet is just the helmet, no liner or chinstrap. This one is being offered at $100.

Couple of M40 helmets looking to purchaseCouple of M40 helmets looking to purchaseCouple of M40 helmets looking to purchaseCouple of M40 helmets looking to purchaseCouple of M40 helmets looking to purchaseCouple of M40 helmets looking to purchase

Thanks,

Alec

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Couple of M40 helmets looking to purchase
    P
    Many

Default Re: Couple of M40 helmets looking to purchase

What would be the point of having them you have to ask yourself ? You can find a decent untouched no decal M42 helmet for almost that price.
    That is the road to follow if you are looking to have an authentic collection.

I suppose you are right. I have wanted a combat helmet for awhile and I was a little to hasty. glad I realized this before I bought it.

Thanks Schwerpunkt.

Alec

Personally I don't see anything wrong with the first helmet for that price. A no-decal M40 will cost you more than that and that's essentially what this is.

Although it isn't 'untouched' it is still a decent example of a combat helmet. Some people do prefer the untouched stuff though, so I suppose it's all a matter of taste.

I think right now I am looking for untouched as possible. I will see how my search for a combat helmet goes.

Thanks,

Alec

?

Plenty of untouched helmets at German Helmet Walhalla in the for sale section where members are selling their helmets, all original. You have to be a veteran of the forum to see the for sale section but it means you can participate and learn at the same time, it doesnt take long. That is my best advice, but whatever you do, do not rush. There are plenty of helmets out there for you to find.

Very true, I've collected 6 helmets now without hardly trying at all. The first 2 I kind of regret buying now because I rushed a little.