Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

craigslist helmet

Article about: Everyone is missing the obvious here. Note the font of the maker. ET only used the serified font from WW1 for its earliest M35 models. This is a very early ET shell and the leather appears t

?

Smile craigslist helmet

Hello! There's this helmet on craigslist that is obviously painted but i wanted to ask if this is an alright deal? He wanted 275USD but the lowest he'd take is $250. The chinstrap and liner look pretty good to me but what do i know? liner pins look kinda funky as well. I'm hoping to buy this so i can strip off the crappy post war paint and hilarious decals. It looks like the inner part of the helmet might be wartime paint.
    opinions please?
    craigslist helmetcraigslist helmetcraigslist helmetcraigslist helmetcraigslist helmetcraigslist helmetcraigslist helmetcraigslist helmetcraigslist helmetcraigslist helmetcraigslist helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement craigslist helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: craigslist helmet

The decals don't look too good in my opinion.

*Edit: My bad I didn't look at the description.

I think this pot was reissued to the Czech army postwar. The inside paint is Czech not German IMO, the liner pins also point to this. The liner is wartime Germanl, and the strap. It looks like this M35 was reissued in 1940/41, assuming this liner belongs with this shell. The Czechs would not be particularly careful about this I imagine. Overall the price is in the ballpark for parts value but still a little high I think. I wouldn't expect anything German under that paint.

?

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    I think this pot was reissued to the Czech army postwar. The inside paint is Czech not German IMO, the liner pins also point to this. The liner is wartime Germanl, and the strap. It looks like this M35 was reissued in 1940/41, assuming this liner belongs with this shell. The Czechs would not be particularly careful about this I imagine. Overall the price is in the ballpark for parts value but still a little high I think. I wouldn't expect anything German under that paint.
    I think i see what you mean but (look at my picture) i was betting on the slight chance that the czechs painted over the wartime paint.

craigslist helmet

?

or that stuff i'm pointing to is just bare metal...

Quote by jonobo View Post
    or that stuff i'm pointing to is just bare metal...
    Hi There,the base paint looks as though it is field grey(as a M35 re-paint to 1940 specifications) or Luftwaffe blue,that said it would always look stripped if you did that(the original paint always appears "washed out").I personally would not bother for that price,hold on for something nicer,it will turn up!! Leon.

?

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi There,the base paint looks as though it is field grey(as a M35 re-paint to 1940 specifications) or Luftwaffe blue,that said it would always look stripped if you did that(the original paint always appears "washed out").I personally would not bother for that price,hold on for something nicer,it will turn up!! Leon.
    I agree with Leon.
    Would not persue this one to be honest, at least not at that price.

Brad.

?

I meant to add, Looks like a LW colour beneath the green.

Brad.

Not for $250. $150 it would be good for the liner and strap. You can try explaining all this to the seller but don't holdout hope. Sellers on CL have a way of believing their items are perfect when they aren't.

?

I'm not itching for this helmet though, i did offer him $200 and i thought that was a bit much for this helmet and he said he's not willing to come back to earth on the price.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast