Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

crazy price on dd M35

Article about: by John Brandon It's quite funny to read the questions & offers. But hey, whatever floats your boat, what I will say is that a nice original double decal Army helmet, rarely has to go on

Default Re: crazy price on dd M35

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    It's quite funny to read the questions & offers. But hey, whatever floats your boat, what I will say is that a nice original double decal Army helmet, rarely has to go on one of those auction houses. It's like auctions here in the UK. Most are dealers dumping grounds. Hardly any bargains.

A bit like Para helmets. At Beltring 2 years ago, a real one was about. It went before any of the public got a sniff. £5000. Dealer to dealer.

So what I'm saying is, most (not all) have already been sold before they become public

A good double decal Army M35 would fetch £1200 here in the UK.
    YES, really funny, some of the question, and answers he has been getting.

Some of them are getting brutal.

Brian

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement crazy price on dd M35
    P
    Many

Crasy price ,I could have bought one 2 years ago for 400$ on a fishing trip in Missouri I did not have any money on me so I had to go back to the fishing camp just 2 houres later the helmet had been sold .(I was not happy but did found one in Kansas about a year later for 500$ out in no where)

?

IMO is a good price for this DD helmet is around 2500 USD
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Quote by Dimas View Post
    IMO is a good price for this double decal helmet is around 2500 USD
    Yes I know I have had some good luck in Missouri and Kansas in the farming area where no one really is looking.I found a good place outside Kansas city about 2 hours of driving.

this one old korean war veteran near my house is really funny, he has a shop called the foxhole. he has had the same original 506th PIR M1C helmet for like 5 years now and he wants $3,000 for it. however all of his other things, like his amazing german insignia collection, he sells for dirt cheap. the last time i was in there he had an SS sleve patch for 20 dollars. i once bought a large bag full of about 60 ww2-era U.S. rank patches ranging from pfc to master sergeant for ten dollars. and he tries to sell me the same helmet evey time i go in there. i hope he never sells it, that way his prices for other things stay low : )

good evening gentlemen,,,interesting replies on this item,,it looks 100 % good to me,,,it may be overpriced but what rare things arent these days,,,see the pics included in this post of a M-35 dd army that sold on GunBroker.com awhile back,,,,i believe it sold for $4800.00,,,i could be mistaken about the price,that is the amount that has stuck in my mind,,,i bid it myself to $4650!l...i paid $400.00 for its identical twin in 1988 or so and thought i was getting R***D...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture crazy price on dd M35   crazy price on dd M35  

crazy price on dd M35   crazy price on dd M35  

here is a nearly mint,,,no mint on inside but is so on exterior,,for $7500.00...so maybe this guy's helmet was in the "reasonable range"...afterall or maybe this one is grossly overpriced too,,,.here is the link:www.oakleafmilitaria.com/german_helmets.htm

i agree a bit to much.right now a buyers market. people are nervius about economy and there are some good deals out there be patient one will come around for the right price. good luck

About the first helmet , it looks possibly good from afar but that is not how one sells a 5000$ helmet. Close-ups and and other detailed shots are needed to make a firm authentification possible.

But I agree with you all most US dealers selling double decal Heer helmets have them overpriced by at least 1500$. (same with SD SS helmets).

I actually saw the price changes appear almost overnight , I was following a nice double decal Heer ET for a few weeks and really wanted it but I was saving up , it cost 3250$ , suddenly the dealer bumped to price to 4500$.
    I was able to make an arrangement and seeing today's prices I'm glad I bought it. Acceptable prices for a nice double decal Heer is around 3500$ - 4000$ max.

While I usually buy in the US , double decal heer are actually cheaper in Europe.

I picked this one up two months ago from another collector for an acceptable price.

Quote by militarymania View Post
    here is a nearly mint,,,no mint on inside but is so on exterior,,for $7500.00...so maybe this guy's helmet was in the "reasonable range"...afterall or maybe this one is grossly overpriced too,,,.here is the link:www.oakleafmilitaria.com/german_helmets.htm
    Your link doesn't work but the one you pointed out is an aluminium officer helmet , I agree the price is way too high if even original. I don't know many people that even collect these.

That said Oakleaf has a reputation for selling fakes and I already spotted a 2650$ double decal fake and I'm only looking for like 10 seconds. That Sauerland helmet for 4000$ also stinks from a mile away and has been in his inventory for a long long time waiting for a sucker to buy it.

My suggestion to anyone looking to buy from a trustworthy source , don't buy there.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast