Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

cut down chinstraps

Article about: Can you confirm that the soldiers used to cut down the m31 chinstraps a lot? I'm asuming when it was fixed in a hole then a large part of the longer part would flop around? The m35 with the

Default cut down chinstraps

Can you confirm that the soldiers used to cut down the m31 chinstraps a lot? I'm asuming when it was fixed in a hole then a large part of the longer part would flop around? The m35 with the ss stamp on it i bought recently is cut down apparently. The prong is fixed firmly into the 12th hole, so i think the guy had a small head and there would have been alot flapping about. This m35 seems to be the smallest size 60 and im thinking it was used by the Hitler Youth. The place where it was cut was cut crudely and probably in the field?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement cut down chinstraps
    P
    Many

Default Re: cut down chinstraps

could we see a pic and i think they would have done this back in the period although have no proof and is speculation on my behalf mate

regards ewan.

Default Re: cut down chinstraps

Lots of helmets have cut chin straps. Some cut jobs a better then others so it's really hit or miss. It seems like ones I own that are not cut can be very bulky and in the way depending how much strap you need to secure it around your chin.