Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

CZ VZ 32 - Reissued to the Luftschutz

Article about: This arrived Thursday. I like reissues and this one became available at a reasonable price so here it is. It is complete with chin strap and liner on which all 5 pads are intact and complete

Default CZ VZ 32 - Reissued to the Luftschutz

This arrived Thursday. I like reissues and this one became available at a reasonable price so here it is. It is complete with chin strap and liner on which all 5 pads are intact and completely attached. It even has the original rawhide draw string. Obviously, the shell was repainted to be reissued to the Luftschutz. The inner shell retains the original factory paint. The reissue paint on the exterior shows wear but is 80% plus, and the decal is fairly intact. There are no ink stamps on the back of the liner pads but there are several ink stamps on the inner side of the shell. I don't know much about Czech helmets, so I don't know what the stamps indicate other than the size of the shell - 66 - and a date of 1938. There is also the number 95 stamped into the inner dome. I have no idea what that means either. I never paid much attention to Czech chin straps in the past, but upon closer inspection they seem to me to have a very good design, very functional and easy to replace. I am beginning to warm up to this style shell, which, in the past, I considered to be just plain butt ugly. Hope you like this one, Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture CZ VZ 32 - Reissued to the Luftschutz   CZ VZ 32 - Reissued to the Luftschutz  

CZ VZ 32 - Reissued to the Luftschutz   CZ VZ 32 - Reissued to the Luftschutz  

CZ VZ 32 - Reissued to the Luftschutz  
    Last edited by helmet2id; 06-15-2014 at 02:50 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement CZ VZ 32 - Reissued to the Luftschutz
    P
    Many

Nice example of Czech helmet to LS these are getting difficult to find. timothy

?

Very nice Jim, there are two in the Goodapple book, both with white leather liners, one Heer the other Police decalled, your right, they are quite interesting, what are the price differences as opposed to ordinary helmets, they certainly do help a collection, and i also understand they are pretty rare

- - ------- - -

Very nice Jim, there are two in the Goodapple book, both with white leather liners, one Heer the other Police decalled, your right, they are quite interesting, what are the price differences as opposed to ordinary helmets, they certainly do help a collection, and i also understand they are pretty rare

I like that a lot!.....

?

A good looking helmet Jim.
    I like the fact it retains all it's original hardware.

Brad.

Nice one Jim , it's a good looking helmet. Leon.

?

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    ...I am beginning to warm up to this style shell, which, in the past, I considered to be just plain butt ugly. Hope you like this one, Jim G.
    LOL Jim I think the LS decal on this is like putting lipstick on a pig :-D
    Still it's a nice complete example of a foreign shell pressed into service.