Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Czech M32 - Double Decal Schutzpolizei Reissue

Article about: In rough shape but complete. Original Czech brown paint, named in ink on one liner pad, with various ink stamps on the interior of the shell. On the back of the pad that is detached is a tag

Default Czech M32 - Double Decal Schutzpolizei Reissue

In rough shape but complete. Original Czech brown paint, named in ink on one liner pad, with various ink stamps on the interior of the shell. On the back of the pad that is detached is a tag that reads "Hofel 2./A.Koln" which I assume is the unit designation for the policeman who wore this helmet. Hope you like it. Cheers, Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Czech M32 - Double Decal Schutzpolizei Reissue   Czech M32 - Double Decal Schutzpolizei Reissue  

Czech M32 - Double Decal Schutzpolizei Reissue   Czech M32 - Double Decal Schutzpolizei Reissue  

Czech M32 - Double Decal Schutzpolizei Reissue   Czech M32 - Double Decal Schutzpolizei Reissue  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Czech M32 - Double Decal Schutzpolizei Reissue
    P
    Many

Default Re: Czech M32 - Double Decal Schutzpolizei Reissue

I think this is a really nice helmet.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Looks good.
    I enjoy the captured helmets decaled for German service.

Thanks guys. Most of the capture/reissue Czech helmets that I have seen were repainted before being decaled and issued to the home guard. When I saw this one with the original Czech paint I snapped it up. I have a Czech Luftschutz as well, but that one had been post war painted and then stripped back to the Czech paint before I bought it. If I can dig it out of storage I will post that one soon. Cheers, Jim G.

?

Hi Jim, interesting one for sure, do you think the decals were intentionally denazified or just how the wear and tear happened?
    Nice lid!
    Doug

Hi Doug, When the helmet arrived I initially thought that the damage was intentional, as at first glance it looked as if someone tried to burn the swastika, but the more I looked at it the more it looked to be just bum luck. Someone trying to denazify the helmet probably would have done more to scratch the swastika in the party shield, but most of the damage to that decal seems to have originated well off of the decal. I guess I will never know, but I think I'll keep it in any case. I do like the capture/reissue helmets. I have an SSH36 and an SSh39, each with original Russian paint, reissued to the Luftschutz. When that box emerges I'll post them as well. Cheers, Jim G.