Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Czech M34 with german decal

Article about: Hy, i get this helmet few day ago...... and my question is, Is this a Czech M34 with Pre-War "Grey lined" Heer decal...using from croatian soldiers on balkan in WW2? Thanks for hel

?

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    I had three different Czech helmets with an Army decal back in the 1960's, long before anyone would bother making a fake of it. They were cheap as no one wanted them back then. Genuine German helmets were plentiful and cheap at the time. Those who think they did not exist in period are wrong.
    Can you provide a period photo?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

sorry have no period photos...

?

Hi ALL I have to agree with the original bit regarding the helmet (I like it) but with this quote - it is not true
    "I'm still searching but have not found a picture of the Czech helmet in use with the WEHRMACHT. Obviously it got used by the police, and also saw fairly extensive combat use with the Czech/Slovak volunteer units, but those had the Slovak double armed cross and a blue stripe, not the Heer adler.
    If you look at a lot of TR photos, (and I have, trust me) you notice one thing; German helmets went on German heads for combat purposes, and almost any other helmet they managed to lay hands on could be used for non-combat purposes, or could be issued to non-German units. It was considered "the mark of the German Soldier"."

German helmets did not always go on German heads, my opa is a Slovak (born in the former Slovakia) and was non voluntarily conscripted into the werhmacht when Germany invaded and took over. They were given full german uniform, including hats and helmets.
    The only suggestion I can add is that the Slovak army were made to have the eagles added to their helmets as a show of support, to the invaders, whether they agreed or not.
    regards

?

Quote by allan View Post
    Hi ALL I have to agree with the original bit regarding the helmet (I like it) but with this quote - it is not true
    "I'm still searching but have not found a picture of the Czech helmet in use with the WEHRMACHT. Obviously it got used by the police, and also saw fairly extensive combat use with the Czech/Slovak volunteer units, but those had the Slovak double armed cross and a blue stripe, not the Heer adler.
    If you look at a lot of TR photos, (and I have, trust me) you notice one thing; German helmets went on German heads for combat purposes, and almost any other helmet they managed to lay hands on could be used for non-combat purposes, or could be issued to non-German units. It was considered "the mark of the German Soldier"."

German helmets did not always go on German heads, my opa is a Slovak (born in the former Slovakia) and was non voluntarily conscripted into the werhmacht when Germany invaded and took over. They were given full german uniform, including hats and helmets.
    The only suggestion I can add is that the Slovak army were made to have the eagles added to their helmets as a show of support, to the invaders, whether they agreed or not.
    regards
    There's a difference between being drafted into the Werhmarcht, and the Slovak Army units that served along with the Werhmarcht. Slovak helmets had blue bands and the double cross, sometimes three hills as on the Slovak coat of arms, as the helmets were simiar in shape to the Russian ones and it caused friendly fire incidents.

Only slovak army units I know of that used German helmets are the Paratroopers.

Maybe was the m34 helmet in use by the croatian voulonters on balkan....its just a thought

Sorry a little late but I just recovered a small part of my files to show you my Czech .
    For sure they can be found with Heer and even Police decals . Also Doug is right , these decals used on reissues and transitionnals are very scare to find unapplied , I am pretty lucky to also own one .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0402.jpg 
Views:	444 
Size:	56.6 KB 
ID:	642611  

any ideas of a value of such helmet?

Quote by racmanjure View Post
    any ideas of a value of such helmet?
    Internet is full of photos of your helmet and links to it.
    I am sure you will find buyer soon.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123