Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Czech M34 with german decal

Article about: Hy, i get this helmet few day ago...... and my question is, Is this a Czech M34 with Pre-War "Grey lined" Heer decal...using from croatian soldiers on balkan in WW2? Thanks for hel

Default Czech M34 with german decal

Hy, i get this helmet few day ago...... and my question is, Is this a Czech M34 with Pre-War "Grey lined" Heer decal...using from croatian soldiers on balkan in WW2? Thanks for help
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Czech M34 with german decal   Czech M34 with german decal  

Czech M34 with german decal   Czech M34 with german decal  

Czech M34 with german decal  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Czech M34 with german decal
    P
    Many

some more pictures...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Czech M34 with german decal   Czech M34 with german decal  

I mostly only see these with the luftschutz decal on them, but it is a gray lined heer decal I'm not sure if it's original or not but so far it looks good to me. Looks to be in good condition compared to the rest of the helmet

The decal is good , not familiar with Czech shells but if it is a wartime shell it's a good one.

?

Not the first one I have seen,looks good

Original Czech helmet and Heer decal there are plenty of period pictures of them in use by Army and Police I just can't remember where. Nice helmet. timothy

I'm not comfortable with the decal. Graphics are sloppy and poorly registered. Also, while we've all seen examples of Czech "egghead" helmets with RLB, LS or Police decals, I've never seen one with a Heer decal that wasn't a fake (decal, I mean). Yeah, they used the egghead for second line non-Wehrmacht organizations- LS, Org. Todt, NSKK, DRK, etc., but I've never seen a period photo of an egghead with a Heer decal in use. I've seen several Police in use, and one of an NSKK motorcyclist in Russia, and of course numerous ones of the M33 in Luftshutz service. But I can't recall a single one in Heer service. Please if anybody has one by all means post it up, I'd like to be proven wrong on this.
    I'm afraid rcmanjure has been had, unfortunately. I've looked at this for the better part of an hour and compared his decal to at least a dozen "grey line" decals and I can't find another that matches the sloppy graphics this one displays. Even very late war the decals kept the same sharp, clear graphics right across all the makers.
    Somebody prove me wrong please, I don't actually want to be right on this.

Quote by cammobunker View Post
    I'm not comfortable with the decal. Graphics are sloppy and poorly registered. Also, while we've all seen examples of Czech "egghead" helmets with RLB, LS or Police decals, I've never seen one with a Heer decal that wasn't a fake (decal, I mean). Yeah, they used the egghead for second line non-Wehrmacht organizations- LS, Org. Todt, NSKK, DRK, etc., but I've never seen a period photo of an egghead with a Heer decal in use. I've seen several Police in use, and one of an NSKK motorcyclist in Russia, and of course numerous ones of the M33 in Luftshutz service. But I can't recall a single one in Heer service. Please if anybody has one by all means post it up, I'd like to be proven wrong on this.
    I'm afraid rcmanjure has been had, unfortunately. I've looked at this for the better part of an hour and compared his decal to at least a dozen "grey line" decals and I can't find another that matches the sloppy graphics this one displays. Even very late war the decals kept the same sharp, clear graphics right across all the makers.
    Somebody prove me wrong please, I don't actually want to be right on this.
    You are not looking good enough , the decal is 100% correct. No dozen decals to compare with this is one specific reissue decal. Also your statement on sloppy print lines is wholly incorrect. Not all decals have a razor sharp print even those from the same maker can differ in print thickness.

?

The only vz 32 (Their proper name btw) I've seen with Heer decals was declared to be a fake, just throwing that in. There's no post-war production of these helmets.

?

The Heer decal is 100% correct and also a style of decal I would expect to see on a helmet such as this, commonly used on reissue helmets.

Here is one to compare with from the GHW2 decal database. Construction and print lines are period, and match to the Czech helmet decal. Note the very sloppy print lines, common with period print technique.

Also note the print registry error, too far to the left. Common with these decals.

Attachment 622145

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast