Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

DAK helmet !!!????

Article about: Need help with this helmet! This helmet has been owned by the cousin of a colleague for maybe 16 years. This 50 year old gentleman purchased this helmet in Tunisia on a holiday. He is a poli

Default Re: DAK helmet !!!????

I once spoke with Hans-Gunther Starck Vorsitzender of the DAK Kameradschaft and he stated that the Palm tree etc had been used on lids but only on a very small scale , zug or Kompanie level and was usually done by the same artistic soldat , that said i have never seen any contemporary photos showing this and it certainy isn't the case with this helm !!

The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Default Re: DAK helmet !!!????

Hi I agree with most one here that the Cam is modern fake, also the decal is a shore way to get your noggin shot off.
    It is just a good target, most if any tree and swas decal would have been done by the individual soldier, lets not forget most collectors would love to have an original D.A.k, helmet in all it,s glory in our collection. As the D.A.K, forces didnt last long, two yrs eight months i think !, so they are very desirable. But this piece for me is just a conversation piece.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123