Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

DAK Paint

Article about: Gents, strange request for a helmet forum but could you guys have a look at the paint on this buckle for one of the members? It has been painted at some point and wants to know if period. I

Default DAK Paint

Gents, strange request for a helmet forum but could you guys have a look at the paint on this buckle for one of the members? It has been painted at some point and wants to know if period. I think you guys will have a better idea than most on the buckle forum as you are used to looking at period paint, its very rare to find a cammo painted buckle. Here is the buckle, the gent has requested better pics. I think it might have a chance but I collect buckles not helmet and dont study paint lol many thanks for any help
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DAK Paint   DAK Paint  

Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DAK Paint
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: DAK Paint

I think it stands a chance Ben, its certainly the colour the DAK paint turns over a period of time, it has the right patina and the thickness looks right, possibly brush applied rather than a spray gun, is there any indication of paint on the leather, if not i would assume the buckle was removed from the belt prior to painting

Dave I am no paint guy but from the side profile of the buckle, the wear looks consistent, like you said the patina and ageing is there as is the brush marks and wear marks., many thanks for the reply
    Ben

Photos taken outside in sunlight are needed in my opinion.
    Regards
    Corey

?

Paint looks good to me.

I took one look thinking this was a no, UNTIL my brain switched on!! In my opinion it is a genuine period DAK painted buckle!! This peice has the slightly darked age to it's original shade and a good solid even wear.There are no signs of artificial ageing that i can see,looks a winner!!!

?

It stands a chance from what I can see.

Brad.

?

Looks good .