Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

DD German Army Helmet

Article about: Hey people, Today i saw a helmet, to me it looks a little to good to be true , which brings me back here to get a trained eye to put it past the test. In side it has a Q88 Marking along with

?

Default DD German Army Helmet

Hey people,

Today i saw a helmet, to me it looks a little to good to be true , which brings me back here to get a trained eye to put it past the test.

In side it has a Q88 Marking along with a 4 digit code, The liner looked far to good to be true and the chinstrap looks like it could have possible been replaced with a authentic one (Sadly i forgot to take pictures of the liner and strap). But i could be wrong i haven't got a great amount of knowledge upon these things and i don't wish to put money into something that isn't real.

Here are the pictures i took, The shell was a beautiful apple green the eagle looked abit to nice to be true along with the army decal. The Shell also has no real scratched or battle marks on it which either leads me to believe it wasn't ever placed in service and someone looked after it amazingly well or its a fake end of story. But please take a look and feel free to share your opinion to me it matters and this forum has saved me money in the past.

It does look really crisp.

Thanks Tom,

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DD German Army Helmet
    P
    Many

fake decals

A poor fake.

Very poor fake, run away !!

?

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    Very poor fake, run away !!
    Thank you i had massive doubts about it. Thank you again for confirming them guys

Tom,

?

nasty fakes,

?

Quote by RHTom View Post
    ...this forum has saved me money in the past.
    ...and continues to do so. Good you asked first.

Quote by RHTom View Post
    Thank you i had massive doubts about it. Thank you again for confirming them guys

Tom,
    Hi Tom, as said a messed with lid that has terrible fake decals on it. Oh, by the way, it will be a Q68 and not an Q88 unless the guy had a head the size of an over grown pumpkin!! Leon.
    Attached Images Attached Images DD German Army Helmet