Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

DD Heer Tranny Austrian M17 / Czech Vz20

Article about: Dont get nicer than this Andy,looks better second time around,absolutely a keeper.............

Default DD Heer Tranny Austrian M17 / Czech Vz20

Hello chaps.

I've been doing a few reshoots recently and Sgt Rock / Tommy recently posted his DD M17/Vz20 over at WRF that made me want to dig mine out and take some new pictures.

It has a cool rounded bottom tricolour not that often seen, and usually on a Luftwaffe. It was repainted with a brush that has left a few drip marks here and there. Early single band liner but I can't see the date on the side, it's stuck solid in position. The liner pins do not have washers in place either which is odd and makes me think it's on the early side. There is evidence on the crown of a comb once having been installed on this shell, indicating use by Czech forces. Thanks to Radovan for pointing me in the right direction regarding the Czech use of this lid.

One of them, if not actually my favourite helmet. It will certainly be one of the last to go if I ever sell up.

Hope you like it, thanks for looking.
    Cheers,
    Andy

DD Heer Tranny Austrian M17 / Czech Vz20DD Heer Tranny Austrian M17 / Czech Vz20DD Heer Tranny Austrian M17 / Czech Vz20DD Heer Tranny Austrian M17 / Czech Vz20DD Heer Tranny Austrian M17 / Czech Vz20DD Heer Tranny Austrian M17 / Czech Vz20DD Heer Tranny Austrian M17 / Czech Vz20DD Heer Tranny Austrian M17 / Czech Vz20DD Heer Tranny Austrian M17 / Czech Vz20DD Heer Tranny Austrian M17 / Czech Vz20DD Heer Tranny Austrian M17 / Czech Vz20DD Heer Tranny Austrian M17 / Czech Vz20DD Heer Tranny Austrian M17 / Czech Vz20DD Heer Tranny Austrian M17 / Czech Vz20DD Heer Tranny Austrian M17 / Czech Vz20DD Heer Tranny Austrian M17 / Czech Vz20DD Heer Tranny Austrian M17 / Czech Vz20

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DD Heer Tranny Austrian M17 / Czech Vz20
    P
    Many

Very nice!

Thanks for posting this one Andy!
    It has a very nice look to it! You're right, the round bottom decal you don't see too often but when you do, it's on a Luftwaffe helmet usually.
    One thing I particularly like is the paint drips from a brush. I always thought that these were spray painted.
    Either way, a super super helmet!

Cheers,
    Tommy

Still a beauty. We all know Andy loves tranny's but dont tell his old lady

Now that you mention it Tommy, it may well have been sprayed rather than brushed on. I will have to look closely for any marks in the paint. Glad you like it. It looks like the lot number is quite close to your shell.

Thanks for looking guys.

I do love a good tranny Todd, preferably with a nice pair. Double D all the way

?

I enjoy seeing this one again Andy.
    Thanks for re-shooting, these are great pics.

Brad.

?

Quote by helmetone View Post
    LMAO!!!!
    Great looker you got there Andy.
    Semper Fi
    Phil
    Last edited by AZPhil; 04-15-2014 at 09:38 PM.

Yet another great helmet , you really know what to pick up!(helmets , not tranny's!!) Leon.

Another premier example with the bonus of the round bottom tricolor. Great re-shoot Andy. Jim G.

?

Quote by helmetone View Post

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast