Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

DD Luft - ET68 - Lot # 4089 - Straight Leg Droop Tail Adler

Article about: I have had this for several years, a LARGE double decal Luftwaffe helmet - an*ET68 shell, lot # 4089, adorned with a straight leg*droop tail Adler and typical tri color. *There are the lette

Default DD Luft - ET68 - Lot # 4089 - Straight Leg Droop Tail Adler

I have had this for several years, a LARGE double decal Luftwaffe helmet - an*ET68 shell, lot # 4089, adorned with a straight leg*droop tail Adler and typical tri color. *There are the letters "ES'" scratched into the white field of the tri color -*the initials of the German soldier? *Who knows? *The 1939 dated liner band*has a nine fingered size 61 leather insert, but the strap and the draw string are lost to time. *There are some smudges of white paint both on the apron and exterior of the shell, with finger prints! *Probably the vet's, but again,*who knows?!? *In any event, it does not look like it was*ever*winter camoed. *The paint on the apron is clearly Luft blue/grey, but the exterior has a definite green hue - why, I don't know. *All in all it is a decent example in my favorite size. *Hope you like it. *Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DD Luft - ET68 - Lot # 4089 - Straight Leg Droop Tail Adler   DD Luft - ET68 - Lot # 4089 - Straight Leg Droop Tail Adler  

DD Luft - ET68 - Lot # 4089 - Straight Leg Droop Tail Adler   DD Luft - ET68 - Lot # 4089 - Straight Leg Droop Tail Adler  

DD Luft - ET68 - Lot # 4089 - Straight Leg Droop Tail Adler   DD Luft - ET68 - Lot # 4089 - Straight Leg Droop Tail Adler  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DD Luft - ET68 - Lot # 4089 - Straight Leg Droop Tail Adler
    P
    Many

A very nice helmet Jim. I really love the way the colours of the tri colour pop out from the overpaint. While the thumb prints could be viewed as a bit distracting by some I think they add a bit of character and intrigue.

Thanks for showing it.

Andrew

Great helmet and really nice condition - especially the decals. As Andy says, the tricolour really pops.
    nick

Great helmet Jim. Somehow I feel "ES" use to do a bit of painting around the house.

Nice one Jim, one day i aim to get a "drooper"! Leon.