Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

DD LW .... Ex DAK?

Article about: Hey everyone, Looking for some opinions on this, been offered it for £500. Was gonna put some money toward it so I could get it for Christmas. Main questions for me would be, is the camo goo

Default DD LW .... Ex DAK?

Hey everyone,
    Looking for some opinions on this, been offered it for £500. Was gonna put some money toward it so I could get it for Christmas. Main questions for me would be, is the camo good, well what's left of it, and are there any opinions of the helmet in general that wouldn't make it worth £500?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DD LW .... Ex DAK?   DD LW .... Ex DAK?  

DD LW .... Ex DAK?   DD LW .... Ex DAK?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DD LW .... Ex DAK?
    P
    Many

More pics
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DD LW .... Ex DAK?   DD LW .... Ex DAK?  

Looks ok but doesn't look camo to me more like a few layers of different color paint coats with chips in the paint and I think £500 is on the high side for this helmet

M38
    ?

I used to own this helmet - just recently sold it - and it is all original. It was a DAK camo at one time but either had most of the tan paint removed - with just traces remaining - or else the tan was painted over in Luftwaffe blue gray paint. All the specks of tan are down in chips to the blue paint but I never could tell for sure if the tan paint was removed or painted over with blue. Either way only traces of the tan remain but it is a good super early helmet (low lot number and early ET serif maker mark and early 1936 dated liner). Whether it is worth the asking price is subjective and a personal decision.

Cheers,
    Terry

Thank you terry, the seller is Willaim Perez, did you sell it to him?

I'm happy to pay the price, It was just subject to the DAK feature

Anymore for anymore?

Hi, looks like a good early M35 with the brass rivets to me. I would not normally comment on price but it seems fair to me, here in the UK good no decal M42's are creeping around the £400 mark now! Leon.

M38
    ?

Yes, I sold it to William Perez. It is definitely an ex-DAK. So many helmets we say "if only it could talk".......this one could tell stories I'm sure! It did not spend it's life on a shelf and it began it's service well before the war ever started.

Cheers,
    Terry

Thank you everyone for the help! I'm selling some items and the money I gather I will give to my mum and she will put that towards my Christmas present!

My main thing is that I just want to have an honest helmet, I'm not looking for mint DD Heer (maybe at one point ;D ) but rather something with the 'been there' look that has some history, me yes the eagle is beaten up on this but it's all part of the story.

Once again thank you for helping me out,
    Kindest Regards,
    Harvey H AKA Hetz

Quote by HetzersGonnaHetz View Post
    Thank you everyone for the help! I'm selling some items and the money I gather I will give to my mum and she will put that towards my Christmas present!

My main thing is that I just want to have an honest helmet, I'm not looking for mint DD Heer (maybe at one point ;D ) but rather something with the 'been there' look that has some history, me yes the eagle is beaten up on this but it's all part of the story.

Once again thank you for helping me out,
    Kindest Regards,
    Harvey H AKA Hetz
    Well done Harvey, this is a very nice helmet that has been there and done it! Enjoy. Leon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast