Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

DD LW Helmet

Article about: A fellow collector has this helmet he wants to sell me. I know little about them, and he was kind enough to let me inspect it. the leather is very stiff and fragile, and was supposedly found

Default DD LW Helmet

A fellow collector has this helmet he wants to sell me. I know little about them, and he was kind enough to let me inspect it.
    the leather is very stiff and fragile, and was supposedly found in a basement where it sat for a number of years.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DD LW Helmet   DD LW Helmet  

DD LW Helmet   DD LW Helmet  

DD LW Helmet   DD LW Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DD LW Helmet
    P
    Many

It looks good to me. I know that wire helmets are notoriously problematic so we should see what others have to say.

?

This appears to be an M40 in which case should be a single decal. The pics are low res and small but the decals looks bad. For sure the entire helmet has been "worked over" and aged, wire added and the liner looks like one of the fakes designed with the circular cut outs in the leather oval to give it a stretched look. Overall this is one bad helmet and you should not buy it.

Thank you I will stay away from it.

Spot that fake tri color right off....steer clear, the lid's bad news.

Jeez you'd need a hefty pair of pliers to bend that wire!....

?

Bad to the bone!
    Regards,
    John

Agreed , that is a messed with M40 ,the national decal were it original would make this one rare helmet, alas it is not. I would guess that the liner is so brittle because it is a modern repro that has been chemically treated to give it the right aged "look". Leon.