Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

DD M35 E.F. 60 Heer Reissue: A junior collector requesting confirmation of his ID skills

Article about: Gents, This is my next purchase, pending a few re-assuring opinion from more senior collectors. Please comment. I'd love some pointers or feedback on my observations. My observations are as

Default DD M35 E.F. 60 Heer Reissue: A junior collector requesting confirmation of his ID skills

Gents,

This is my next purchase, pending a few re-assuring opinion from more senior collectors. Please comment. I'd love some pointers or feedback on my observations.

My observations are as follows:

It looking like the outside has a "feldgrau" reissue paint job using a brush and relatively thin viscus paint, judging by the subtle brush marks. The inside was left the original colour of "pea-green" (dark green).

The lot number is rather high, making me think that this helmet was made in the late 1930's (38 or 39). I don't have a picture of the liner date.

The heer decal appears to be a factory original and was not over painted during the factory reissue. It looks like a bit of factory feldgrau has gone over black border on the left side of the decal. The damage which displays the appropriate amount in comparison to the rest of the helmet has exposed some of the original green paint underneath. The decal appears to have all of the E.F. details that I can pick up. I think it is the same decal type that appears on page 152 of Niewiarowicz (2009).

The shield decal is peeking through nicely through the reissue paint job and has not been dug out or exposed.

The vent hole rivets appear to be typical E.F. as indicted by their rough appearance and machining.

The rivets look nice and tight and were not replaced during the reissue as indicted by the feldgrau paint covering them.

The chinstrap is unfortunately broken and the liner string is missing. However, it looks like the chinstrap and liner are untouched. The owner's name adorns the brow of the liner and it looks like he left some sweat stains as well.

There you have it Gents. How did I do on my first time helmet ID?

Kind Regards,
    Tyler

DD M35 E.F. 60 Heer Reissue: A junior collector requesting confirmation of his ID skillsDD M35 E.F. 60 Heer Reissue: A junior collector requesting confirmation of his ID skillsDD M35 E.F. 60 Heer Reissue: A junior collector requesting confirmation of his ID skillsDD M35 E.F. 60 Heer Reissue: A junior collector requesting confirmation of his ID skillsDD M35 E.F. 60 Heer Reissue: A junior collector requesting confirmation of his ID skillsDD M35 E.F. 60 Heer Reissue: A junior collector requesting confirmation of his ID skillsDD M35 E.F. 60 Heer Reissue: A junior collector requesting confirmation of his ID skillsDD M35 E.F. 60 Heer Reissue: A junior collector requesting confirmation of his ID skillsDD M35 E.F. 60 Heer Reissue: A junior collector requesting confirmation of his ID skillsDD M35 E.F. 60 Heer Reissue: A junior collector requesting confirmation of his ID skills

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DD M35 E.F. 60 Heer Reissue: A junior collector requesting confirmation of his ID skills
    P
    Many

You correctly described it , nice EF helmet.