Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

DD M35 Heer helmet ( camo ) opinion needed

Article about: Hello gentlemen. I am about to buy this DD M35 Heer helmet and I really need your help. Is it a real camo and how much would be the price estimate. I will appreciate any comments.

Ves
    ?

Default DD M35 Heer helmet ( camo ) opinion needed

Hello gentlemen.
    I am about to buy this DD M35 Heer helmet and I really need your help. Is it a real camo and how much would be the price estimate. I will appreciate any comments.

DD M35 Heer helmet (  camo ) opinion neededDD M35 Heer helmet (  camo ) opinion neededDD M35 Heer helmet (  camo ) opinion neededDD M35 Heer helmet (  camo ) opinion neededDD M35 Heer helmet (  camo ) opinion neededDD M35 Heer helmet (  camo ) opinion neededDD M35 Heer helmet (  camo ) opinion neededDD M35 Heer helmet (  camo ) opinion neededDD M35 Heer helmet (  camo ) opinion neededDD M35 Heer helmet (  camo ) opinion neededDD M35 Heer helmet (  camo ) opinion neededDD M35 Heer helmet (  camo ) opinion neededDD M35 Heer helmet (  camo ) opinion neededDD M35 Heer helmet (  camo ) opinion neededDD M35 Heer helmet (  camo ) opinion neededDD M35 Heer helmet (  camo ) opinion needed

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DD M35 Heer helmet (  camo ) opinion needed
    P
    Many

Hi Ves, looking at this one I would say the decals have been "dug out". I would say that this was a DD M35 that had a 1940 field/depot over paint. Later in it's life it then had a 2-3 tone cammo applied as you can see the tan and the green, the red is not so evident to me, hence 2-3 tone. I think it is all period but condition is not great and the "dug out" decals are not one of my favourite attributes on a helmet, so price really is subjective on this one. Leon.

Leon is spot on concerning this helmet in my opinion. Do not pay a lot for it.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Ves
    ?

Thank you guys for the quick response! How much would be a fair price for it?

What is the guy asking?
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Re-painted M35 during the war yes. The oxidation and the different paint colors give the impression of a camo but I don't think it is.
    Decals unfortunately liberated which makes it uninteresing for a lot of collectors.

Ves
    ?

Actually he is asking for a trade which might cost me about £ 300

Quote by Ves View Post
    Thank you guys for the quick response! How much would be a fair price for it?
    I really would not like to say mate as I personally would pass on it unless it were a real bargain. I still think it has tan over the top of the grey paint evident and has been heavily scrubbed, as well as the decal "liberation". It has interest but only if you can get it cheap! I would add up the value of parts, then stick £100 on top and I think you would be there about. Leon.

- - ------- - -

Quote by Ves View Post
    I think that's fair. Leon.

Quote by Ves View Post
    I have to disagree with Leon , I would keep that money in your pocket and save 200 GBP extra for a much better one.
    But it's your money

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    I have to disagree with Leon , I would keep that money in your pocket and save 200 GBP extra for a much better one.
    But it's your money
    I agree with that! I would wait for a better one personally but I do not think it is an unreasonable asking price providing the liner pins are not as bent as fire damaged lament furniture! Leon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast