MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

DD M42 Combat Police Helmet - HKP 64-Lot # 3609- Unbordered Police Adler

Article about: This one arrived this week, from Ken N. M42 Combat Police helmets were the only true double decal M42 helmets of the Third Reich, and most had bordered Adler decals. Most examples with the b

Default DD M42 Combat Police Helmet - HKP 64-Lot # 3609- Unbordered Police Adler

This one arrived this week, from Ken N. M42 Combat Police helmets were the only true double decal M42 helmets of the Third Reich, and most had bordered Adler decals. Most examples with the bordered Adler decals were from the EF plant, and the last 4 pictures are on an M42 DD C/P helmet manufactured by EF. Those less common examples with unbordered Adlers are usually on CKL shells. Far fewer are on shells by other manufacturers. The new arrival is an HKP helmet. Not in the best shape, but is representative. Sorry for the poor pictures, I am experimenting with a new camera and a different back drop. Hope you like it. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DD M42 Combat Police Helmet - HKP 64-Lot # 3609- Unbordered Police Adler   DD M42 Combat Police Helmet - HKP 64-Lot # 3609- Unbordered Police Adler  

DD M42 Combat Police Helmet - HKP 64-Lot # 3609- Unbordered Police Adler   DD M42 Combat Police Helmet - HKP 64-Lot # 3609- Unbordered Police Adler  

DD M42 Combat Police Helmet - HKP 64-Lot # 3609- Unbordered Police Adler   DD M42 Combat Police Helmet - HKP 64-Lot # 3609- Unbordered Police Adler  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DD M42 Combat Police Helmet - HKP 64-Lot # 3609- Unbordered Police Adler
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: DD M42 Combat Police Helmet - HKP 64-Lot # 3609- Unbordered Police Adler

Very nice lids Jim, theres something about police decal helmets, i wish i had one, had the chance a few yrs ago but money was tight at the time and it seems times havent changed

?

Default Re: DD M42 Combat Police Helmet - HKP 64-Lot # 3609- Unbordered Police Adler

Hi Jim, nice unique piece!

?

Nice helmets Jim an observation on the feldpolice decals beyond the diffrence of the bordered decal the feather count on the wings are different and the swas is bordered as well to give it the appearance of being two dimensional are there more than these two variations of this decal out there ?

Regards Mark K

Quote by kozowy1967 View Post
    Nice helmets Jim an observation on the feldpolice decals beyond the diffrence of the bordered decal the feather count on the wings are different and the swas is bordered as well to give it the appearance of being two dimensional are there more than these two variations of this decal out there ?

Regards Mark K
    Thanks for the positive comment Mark. In answer to your question, there any many variations of the police decals found on combat, beaded and civil style lids. The decal styles are somewhat factory specific. For instance, on EF lids the party shield is rounded on the bottom and the adler is somewhat squat, with a blunt beak. The legs on the birds vary greatly, as do the swastika discs. I personally think the best looking adler decals are the bordered style birds found on SE lids. The Ken Niewiarowicz book has a very informative section on decals, and I highly recommend it as a very good reference book for collectors at all levels. By the way, the decals on the HKP helmet in this thread appear to be the type usually found on NS shells, and the party shield on the EF lid is the typical EF party shield that I believe is found only on EF helmets. Cheers, Jim G.

?

Thanks Jim I will see if Amazon carries that particular book and if not any ideal on were to purchase one.

Regards Mark K

Ah, so you bought that one! I seriously debated emailing him about that, but I hesitated. I just couldnt swing that much again. I got a DD Police M40 from him several months back, I will post it when I get the chance.

Ken's book if fantastic, it has helped me immensely. Definitely get a copy if you can, I found one on Amazon. It was about $60 USD new, might be cheaper now. But definitely worth every penny.

Very nice helmet Jim. Hopefully I will have one of these someday as well.