Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

DD Police Helmet

Article about: Hey guys I just wanted to get this one up before some of the experts traveled off to the Show of shows. This one has me stumped as I asked a member before I posted it and gave me his thought

Quote by Giants77 View Post
    Ohh okay I did online research and not one showed them with this decal so I thought they didn’t belong thank you. (My decal book I payed for is on its way so I’ll know more soon) one last question how did the “water police” legend come to be???
    A reference is just one click away ;-)
    Polizei decals – German Helmet Vault

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DD Police Helmet
    P
    Many

True I didn’t think to even do that. I read your articles about wire helmets and it was spot on perfect you yourself should write a book I for sure would buy it

MAP
    ?

Good link Frank. Didn't remember to look their either

Giant: so as I suspected (but was not sure ) OK to have an SE style in a Quist . Learn something every day.

Edit: I did say ET in my first post but meant SE.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Haha that’s what I love about this forum, the knowledge learned from just here is priceless!

Some interesting Material ..... The Water Police did have Gold Coloured Cap Badges, Buttons etc etc...
    The Water Protection Police (Wasserschutzpolizei) was a branch of the Protective Police (Schutzpolizei-Schupo) that was responsible for monitoring the inland waterways and canals in both Germany and occupied territories. Little is known about the size of the organization and the number of police it employed.

However as a branch of the Protective Police, the Wasserschutzpolizei was engaged in a number of activities such as guarding against partisan attacks as well as ensuring the general safety of cargo vessels and marine craft operating in various bodies of water. Inspecting cargo, assisting in the capture of escaped POW's, investigating sabotage, enforcing water safety, and controlling traffic on rivers and canals were common place.

Members of the Water Protection Police wore standard naval uniforms with little or no insignia. In accordance with naval tradition, various uniform components were gold colored such as tunic buttons. It is believed that members of the Water Protection Police were issued helmets as protective headgear.

The type of helmets generally encountered in today's collecting world includes the M1935 and M1940 combat style helmets. Other police model helmets were likely used as well, although little information is available to clearly establish the additional models that were used. In order to distinguish helmet insignia from that used on regular police helmets, Water Protection Police occasionally utilized a golden colored police eagle decal. The decal was in the same pattern as that normally used on other police helmets save for the gold color.

The number of original examples of Water Protection Police helmets is very small. As a result, it can be surmised that few helmets were used overall by this unique police formation.

Default Water Police Dagger

Here’s another piece that backs up the theory that there was a Water Police
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture DD Police Helmet  

Quote by Stevade View Post
    Here’s another piece that backs up the theory that there was a Water Police
    I don't believe that the suggestion was that there was no "Water Police" / Wasserschutzpolizei with different insignia, uniform and accoutrements (of course there was and still is) rather that they did not have combat helmets with gold decals just standard ones.

Nice looking dagger BTW. I've never seen one in the flesh. Any chance of a full set of pics?

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Hi Watchdog ....
    If you go too The Old Brigade Website he has one listed for sale.
    GERMAN WATER PROTECTION POLICE LEADERS DAGGERS BY EICKHORN.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2