Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Decal or no Decal?

Article about: Attachment 359801Attachment 359801Attachment 359793New to collecting and have been offered this for £420. Brother posted on here for me last week and suggested i join myself. Can anyone help

Default Decal or no Decal?

Attachment 359801Attachment 359801Attachment 359793New to collecting and have been offered this for £420. Brother posted on here for me last week and suggested i join myself.
    Can anyone help me please? Does the decal stand out a little too much?

- - Updated - -

Attachment 359800

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Decal or no Decal?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Decal or no Decal?

The decal stands out just right to my eyes Rockape, a nice M18 transitional ( I like the small rub / bruise on the eagle too - little bits of "symathetic" damage like that are convincing and not deliberate attempts at ageing )
    Cheers, Dan

Recently discussed, I'm still not a fan personally.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/steel...ease-187759-2/

?

I will be cautious here. It sort of stands out and the decal look very "sticker" like. The helmet itself have no scratches or dings, but rust, which i find a little strange. We will need a good decal expert here.

Cheers for the replies.......i think it maybe seems too good a decal and a little standoutish.....and so thinking if in doubt leave it out but..... the helmet itself is or looks very nice and liner seems good and of age. I just dont know

I don't think this helmet is worth the price. It is difficult to judge the paint and rust with the photos provided. From what I can tell, the rust seems to have an unusual (unnatural?) pattern along the helmet.

Corey

?

It just bugs me it does not have a single scratch, but rust pitting. Actually the only scratch i can see is on the decal.

Regards, Lars

Try not to laugh guys, but I figured it all out. This is an Austrian helmet shell with an M31 liner. Notice the picture I posted of the underside from the other thread. The helmet has FOUR chinstrap holders. Two on the liner band, two attached to the helmet! In my opinion this helmet has been repainted post war, given a cheapy original M31 liner and a repro decal, and then has been artificially aged. The lugs have been cut down or removed. Absolutely ridiculous!

Regards,

Corey
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Decal or no Decal?  

?

I also wondered about that, but i don't know that much about these lids. I just thought "transitional"

Quote by cgp1066 View Post
    Try not to laugh guys, but I figured it all out. This is an Austrian helmet shell with an M31 liner. Notice the picture I posted of the underside from the other thread. The helmet has FOUR chinstrap holders. Two on the liner band, two attached to the helmet! In my opinion this helmet has been repainted post war, given a cheapy original M31 liner and a repro decal, and then has been artificially aged. The lugs have been cut down or removed. Absolutely ridiculous!

Regards,

Corey
    That's not so much a problem as Austrian M17's were reissued as often as any other WW1 lid, so it could legitimately be a transitional. I just don't buy the paint and decal personally. And as you pointed out, the vent lugs are gone, but painted over. I don't understand how there is still a ring of rust around the missing vent lug, but the whole picture is too funky for me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast