Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Decal OK?

Article about: Found this M34 with Luft decal and would appreciate opinions on it thanks

Default Decal OK?

Found this M34 with Luft decal and would appreciate opinions on it
    thanksAttachment 999398Attachment 999399

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Decal OK?
    P
    Many

Hi, I cannot recall ever seeing a Luftwaffe decal on an M34, but it looks good to me and being black, maybe it was used by a flak helper? Just a thought. Leon.

I was told there were crash crews that wore these but have never seen one before

Quote by badger51 View Post
    I was told there were crash crews that wore these but have never seen one before
    Hi, yes there were, there are a few examples of those here on the forum, I think cricketchris has a couple. As I recall though, crash crew helmets had a white band running around them as well. Leon.

EDIT: Here you go, one of Chris's! He will know better than me if these came without the band as well.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Decal OK?  

The Luft decal looks real. Is there a tri color on the right side? If so it would be a Luft "Crash Crew" helmet. Some Luft Crash Crew helmets did not have a white stripe. Here is one (with the prototype gold leaf Luft decal). Also, over the years I have seen one or 2 civil helmets adorned only with Luft decals on the left that I believed were period correct. From the pictures I think the thread starter has a very good chance of being right. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Decal OK?   Decal OK?  

Attachment 999859Attachment 999859

thanks guys

yes it does have the tri shield