Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Decal questions

Article about: What do you guys think of this m35 DD Luft?

Default Re: Decal questions

I 'm realy on the ropes, i'll hate to pass this up if it's real, any more opinions.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Decal questions
    P
    Many

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    The eagle is too blurry to say for sure but tricolor is a good one as is the liner. The chinstrap is probably an add-on.
    400$ is not a bad price if the eagle is also good.
    I agree with Frank. The shield, paint, shell, and liner look fine. I am guessing the eagle is too, but a less blurry photo would be easier to judge from. The chinstrap is probably a later addition and $400 is a great price.

?

It appears ok to me.

The eagle looks too flaked off, like what would happen to a water apply decal. This wouldn't happen to the original ones, plus the helmet shell doesn't look scratched up at all, which would make sense when the decal looks like this. IMO you should ask for better pictures before making a deal, if anything.

Regards, Frederik

And a little add-on: It looks like theres no trace, or outline at all of where the missing parts of the eagle used to be, which there would usually be if it had been there for a long time. However I'm no expert, I've just gathered some knowledge from the "Fake Decal" thread, so don't base your opinion on me!

Regards, Frederik

?

Quote by 29thinfgeek View Post
    The eagle looks too flaked off, like what would happen to a water apply decal. This wouldn't happen to the original ones, plus the helmet shell doesn't look scratched up at all, which would make sense when the decal looks like this. IMO you should ask for better pictures before making a deal, if anything.

Regards, Frederik
    Frederik I respectfully disagree with the statement original decals don't flake off. I do agree better photos are needed but I see no red flags here whatsoever so far.

Comparing the national colours decal with one on a LW DD period M35 I have they are uncannily similar in appearance etc. I'm all for it being original and period and a steal at $400.

Cheers Brad.

Well guys, i went ahead and bought it, the seller is giving me a three day inspection period, the helmet is coming from his late dads collection and he told me he doubts his father would have had anything fake, when i get it i'll post more photo's. thanks to all of you. Craig

What else does he have for sale?

Just some miscellaneous bits, he has a real nice mg42 double drum with leather strap that he has listed as mg15 drum.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast