Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Decal Review On LW M40

Article about: I just received this Luftwaffe M40 SD helmet in the mail 2 hours ago, but it looks like the decal was filled in a bit by the seller (see eagle's head). The darker photo is his, before sellin

Default Decal Review On LW M40

I just received this Luftwaffe M40 SD helmet in the mail 2 hours ago, but it looks like the decal was filled in a bit by the seller (see eagle's head). The darker photo is his, before selling to me, and the lighter photo I just took minutes go. What do you guys think?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Decal Review On LW M40   Decal Review On LW M40  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Decal Review On LW M40
    P
    Many

Default Re: Decal Review On LW M40

Interested to see what the other, more experienced guys on here have to say on this. Is it possible that the head of the eagle had a glob of paint on it that he cleaned off? Also, I've never seen a decal with a 3d swastika like this helmet has.... (again, prob my inexperience talking.)

Best of luck!

I wonder why they did that?

Eric

Yes, and he retouched a bit of the wing tip to the left as well.

He should have left it alone.............!
    Regards,

Steve.

Some people should leave the items as they are.

?

Definately been messed with. I would ask him why he did it, remind him you have the photographic evidence to prove your case. The problem you have now is finding out what was used and if you can remove the fill in without damaging the eagle even more, or return the helmet for a full refund and let him try to sell it off with the altered eagle

It looks to me as if there are 2 adler decals on this one, one on top of the other. I have seen this a few times, possibly an application error corrected by just covering the poorly applied decal with another one. This helmet looks fine to me. Just my opinion, Jim G.

?

Jim i dont think the double decal is the problem here, its what the seller did to the adler once sold by adding to it with whatever he had available

I stand corrected, I didn't read the initial post well enough, and thought that the difference in the photo's was just glare. The top picture is fine, but it does look as if he touched it up - what a shame. Jim G.

Just an update. The seller admitted to me that he retouched and painted the decal with acrylic paint. He told me if I didn't like it, to just scrape it off with a knife. When I asked to return it for a refund, he told me I was "too picky". It was a hassle getting my $ back, but I finally did. The seller says he is a long time collector. I'm new to Third Reich collecting, but every instinct inside me tells me that you don't mess with a fragile decal like that. Do you guys think I was too picky asking for a refund?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast