Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Decals is funny places

Article about: I have quite a few helmets, most of which are in much better condition than this one but this is my favourite because it is full of character. It is well worn early M35 double decal Heer and

?

Default Decals is funny places

I have quite a few helmets, most of which are in much better condition than this one but this is my favourite because it is full of character. It is well worn early M35 double decal Heer and the decal has been positioned very low. I would be keen to see any PICS that you may have of helmets with non regulation decals ie "Decals in funny Places"

Cheers
    Andy
    Attached Images Attached Images Decals is funny places  Decals is funny places  Decals is funny places 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Decals is funny places
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Decals is funny places

Blondi is it possible to get a closeup of the decal and the rivets, as well as the interior and damaged area of the liner? Also the vent holes. What are the markings on this one? (lot number and maker size/stamp)
    Cheers
    Doug

?

I Doug,
    you are making me a little but nervous about this lid!!!!!
    I'm not at home at the minute but will get pictures and info asap.
    Cheers
    Andy

The germans where very methodical and precise and this would worry me ,but who knows.i had a lovely well used m42 which had an army decal a liitel to far to the right of the air vent ,and i was never happy with it even though the decal had aged exactly with the shell ,but good luck it could be all genuine and therefore rare,lv

?

Hi Doug!

Please find attached pics. There is a faint lot no of 5169 on rear skirt. I cannot read the maker stamp. The liner band has been heavily repaired and part is missing. I can read 64/66 on the liner band. Rivets are early brass and someone has painted a lighter green paint on them but the original paint still exists below this paint in places. Please let me know if you can id the maker.
    Thanks
    Andy

Apologies, the system won't let me upload at the minute. It says I have a missing security token. I will sort this out and post later
    Andy

?

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Decals is funny places  

?

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Decals is funny places   Decals is funny places  

Decals is funny places  

?

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Decals is funny places   Decals is funny places  

Decals is funny places  

?

Hi Andy, it is interesting the linerband repair. The decal position and paint make it appear from the pic that it is a depot reissue to me. Liner may or may not have been postwar replaced, I would suspect the latter if there is postwar paint on the rivets. Frank is pretty good at identifying shell makers by vent rivets, etc. Cheers
    Doug

?

Cheers Doug!! Cheers Vegas!!

It's hard to tell about the liner. I don't know if the rivet used to repair the liner band is post war or a period field repair. I hope Frank will be able to shed some light on the maker.

Has anyone else got a helmet with a non regulation decal?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast