Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Deutscher Decal Helm - echt or fake ?

Article about: im not trying to casue offence tampalan merely pointing out my own inadquacies on a post started in english sorry if u think im complaining

Default Deutscher Decal Helm - echt or fake ?

Hail to you all from El Salvador... There is a guy offering me this helmet, for about 600 Bucks. Opinions welcome.... real or fake? Bargain or rip-off ?
    Attached Images Attached Images Deutscher Decal Helm -  echt or fake ?  Deutscher Decal Helm -  echt or fake ?  Deutscher Decal Helm -  echt or fake ? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Deutscher Decal Helm -  echt or fake ?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Deutscher Decal Helm - echt or fake ?

Hi to El Salvador Can't be sure for this reissue/camo with these photos because something looks wrong with the claws but the light hides some key points . If you realy want to hear much better opinions , you have to post better pics with no flash and with no angle for the decal , also the maker can help
    Last edited by francis006; 08-29-2010 at 07:43 AM.

yeah, those low quality pics are a copy/paste from an Internet-ad, by the helmets owner. I havent seen the artefact myself... but somehow it doesnt give me good vibes..

cant say anything about it might be a good one ,but all the key places are bad visible so no way we can tel we need good close ups from decal, paint layers and inside

I like the look of the paint from what I see. Please send clear photos of the paint and straight on photos of the Adler. Also, is there any trace of a tricolor on the other side? Also, please provide the maker/size and lot number stamps. Finally, was the liner out on this on? The liner band in the bottom picture at about 11:00 o'clock looks odd to me. Jim G.

Is this helmet for sale in Mexico? I have seen many bad copies here , especially in Monterey. Please try to get better photos in natural light with no flash as well as a very close straight shot of the decal with no reflections.
    Si te puedo ayudar en algo, estoy a tus ordenes. ¿De que parte de El Salvador eres? Yo tenía amigos en Santa Tecla en los años 70's.

George

George, Do the fakes you mentioned have this type of camo finish? That would be disturbing. There are so many fakes out there that I try to stay away from camos, but I must confess, I thought the paint on this one had promise. I hope Dan can get better pictures. Rereading his original post, however, makes me a bit more leery, as the asking price is very low for a real sd camo. Jim G.

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    George, Do the fakes you mentioned have this type of camo finish? That would be disturbing. There are so many fakes out there that I try to stay away from camos, but I must confess, I thought the paint on this one had promise. I hope Dan can get better pictures. Rereading his original post, however, makes me a bit more leery, as the asking price is very low for a real sd camo. Jim G.
    Hi Jim, Fortunately, I have never seen a faked one with this texture camo. Still hoping to see better shots to pass judgement on this one, but I do think it has promise. Maybe (Just a remote maybe) The seller does not really know the value.
    Last edited by tampalam; 08-29-2010 at 06:06 PM.

Anyone got any ideas what the '66' ink stamp on the inside of the rear skirt could be about? I have never seen this before on a German lid ,and I have seen plenty of them.Could it be a bolder way of stating the size of the lid? If this is a 66 size lid that may explain it.It will be interesting to get makers mark,size and lot numbers and see better quality pics of this one.

Quote by Isle of Wighter View Post
    Anyone got any ideas what the '66' ink stamp on the inside of the rear skirt could be about? I have never seen this before on a German lid ,and I have seen plenty of them.Could it be a bolder way of stating the size of the lid? If this is a 66 size lid that may explain it.It will be interesting to get makers mark,size and lot numbers and see better quality pics of this one.
    I have seen a couple of KM helmets with this type of marking possibly for a rack number. The decal seems to look golden, but that could be the photo and flash.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast