Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Dishonest UK dealers

Article about: Chaps, i have been deliberating over this for a long time now...but have finally realised defeat..but it must be said...For those that think John Brandon of Eagle Relics is an honest dealer.

In 2010 I paid $6K for a single decal Q SS M40. They were quite expensive back then....the value & price has held for a decade at least. So the sales price of $2K back in 2008 was well below what would be expected for an SS helmet. Major "red flag"
    D.
    "When 10 men tell you you're drunk, you better lie down."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dishonest UK dealers
    P
    Many

TWS
    ?

Quote by real steel View Post
    In 2010 I paid $6K for a single decal Q SS M40. They were quite expensive back then....the value & price has held for a decade at least. So the sales price of $2K back in 2008 was well below what would be expected for an SS helmet. Major "red flag"
    D.
    Very common tactic for most unscrupulous sellers. They offer their humped-up item for significantly less than the "going rate" of a real one, but for more than enough money for them to make a killing. They want the buyer to get excited that they found a "great deal" and suspend healthy skepticism in their rush to snatch up this "great deal".

Always ask yourself when you come across a price that seems too good to be true: Is this seller pretty well integrated and current in the hobby? Shouldn't they know what this item should go for? If they are someone who should know the value, why are they selling it for 40 or even 50% less than "market rate"?
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234