Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Do you think this helmet is real?

Article about: Hello Forum, I found this helmet online, and i´m thinking about buying it. Its in rather bad condition, but i like relict helmets, and the decal looks relatively intact. The seller has no ph

Default Do you think this helmet is real?

Hello Forum,
    I found this helmet online, and i´m thinking about buying it.
    Its in rather bad condition, but i like relict helmets, and the decal looks relatively intact.
    The seller has no photos of any markings so far, and i´m waiting for a response if the helmet has any.
    Do you think it is real? And would arround 90 euros be a good or a bad price for it?
    Thank you very much,
    A.
    Do you think this helmet is real? Do you think this helmet is real?
    Do you think this helmet is real? Do you think this helmet is real?

(The Attached pictures should not be there... but i have no idea how to remove them)
    Attached Images Attached Images Do you think this helmet is real?  Do you think this helmet is real? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Do you think this helmet is real?
    P
    Many

I would say it is a real M40 helmet in battle damaged relic condition.
    Interesting that it still got an early square bale alu reinforced liner band, so the liner should probably be dated 1939-1940 but that's just a guess. And thus probably an early M40 helmet.
    It doesn't look to be in half bad condition but it has been treated with some sort of oil, probably to conserve it.
    I would guess the helmet was found somewhere in the water resulting in the good condition.
    I think there should still be markings visible, I've seen the seller try to sell this helmet for a few months so you can perhaps even talk him a bit lower, depending on how desperately he wants to sell it.
    Anyway, those're just my thoughts.

Thank you for your opinion.
    And yes, i have also seen this helmet for quite some time now, i just wanted some sort of safeguarding since it has not been sold yet, which is always suspicious.
    I was thinking i might have missed something, but i´m glad you also didnt see anything weird on it.

I think i will buy the helmet, he has markings, one damaged (E)F62 and an not completly readable serial number in the Lot nbr. range 6000.
    There are no examples in the List of an M40 with this number range, so no way to prove the deacal is completly real. If anyone sees something weird till tomorrow, please tell me.
    regards,
    A.

Nevermind, he sold the helmet although he had sold it to me already.

If you dive into helmet collecting make sure the decals are ok otherwise you are buying up all the junk out there , good HQ photos are key.

You had bought it - or just reserved it?
    If you paid then thats poor show on sellers part but a "reserve" means nothing without a deposit at least.
    Sadly these days it a case of "show me the money "
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

We already had a deal... but shit happens.

Hello,
    as i dont want to spam the Forum full with requests, just some small questions.
    How rare are Luftwaffe Helmets in a condition like the one above?
    I´m really into relict helmets, because they just have a more historic feel to it.
    Do you maybe know good European sellers of relict helmets in nearly the same or a bit worse condition then the one above?
    Thank you very much,
    A.

Adravor, do not worry about asking too many questions. That is the way you will learn and it will also save you some money. There are lots of relic helmets on eBay some good some bad. The key is to develop an eye for what a good relic looks like and one at a good price. This may take a little while to do but eventually you’ll see something nice. I have bought a few this way and you just need to be patient and check each day.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast