Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Dont trust what you see

Article about: Hi All, You haven't seen me post here for a while because, frankly after 10 years membership, Ive said all I know and shown all I have!!! BUT, when I saw this Ukraine seller peddling these f

Default Dont trust what you see

Hi All,
    You haven't seen me post here for a while because, frankly after 10 years membership, Ive said all I know and shown all I have!!!

BUT, when I saw this Ukraine seller peddling these for $10 a piece and having already sold dozens, I had to remind the young'uns here to "don't believe what you see"

Dome stamps were a quality control thing stamped in every 10, or 20 or so helmets and of course EVERYONE wants to see this little 'extra' bling in their helmet, eh?

BUT, once a helmet is tampered with then its a flawed thing ...... and then you ask, "what else has been enhanced"

Anyway, just a word of warning from an old jaded collector
    Cheers, Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Dont trust what you see   Dont trust what you see  

" I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dont trust what you see
    P
    Many

Good to know, thank you. Jim G.

TWS
    ?

I saw those on Ebay a few years ago. I bet sellers are still offering them.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

MAP
    ?

Thanks!!!!

And probably near impossible to spot once applied.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

TWS
    ?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Thanks!!!!

And probably near impossible to spot once applied.
    Potentially. Because the dome of the helmet would have to be in really nice condition for the deception to work. Many are, but if a fraudster put that stamp over rust bubbles or scratches in a lesser condition dome, then careful eyes could detect it.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

MAP
    ?

Quote by TWS View Post
    Potentially. Because the dome of the helmet would have to be in really nice condition for the deception to work. Many are, but if a fraudster put that stamp over rust bubbles or scratches in a lesser condition dome, then careful eyes could detect it.
    Yes. Thought of that but I'm sure they will try anyway and some may succeed in obscuring it. That said, adding a dome stamp to a good clean helmet really doesn't add much value (if any - I certainly don't pay more for a dome stamp). I see these being added to ground up fakes to fool the masses.

Could be wrong...
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The stamps in the lids I seem to purchase, if there are any, are usually slightly smudged so you would assume that a stamp from something as crisp as this would have to be in a mint helmet.

If the fakers were really bright they’d create something that’s not exactly perfect to suit the type of helmets they plan to put them in.

Andy

Oh, and thanks for heads up Dan!

Andy

Only and idiot would apply this to a mint helmet , value wise it adds nothing.
    Also the right ink must be used and I doubt he has the size and font completely correct.

Frank, I assume most of these guys are idiots or they would be making their $$ in easier ways than stamping old helmet shells

What is the correct ink and how would one go about verifying said ink is correct?

Andy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast