Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Double Decal Fire/Police Helmet - M33 "Duckbill" Shell

Article about: I have come to the realization that although I prefer combat helmets I have many more civil than combat pieces. Here is an M33 so called "duckbill" shell, factory issued in a flat

Default Double Decal Fire/Police Helmet - M33 "Duckbill" Shell

I have come to the realization that although I prefer combat helmets I have many more civil than combat pieces. Here is an M33 so called "duckbill" shell, factory issued in a flat black color, and equipped with a comb. As expected, the shell has no maker or size stamps. I can't tell what decals were applied at the factory. At some point, probably during the War, the comb was removed, the exterior was repainted in a gloss black, and the current Police decals were applied. The piece is complete with liner and chin strap. The strap does not have the TuckTite quick release buckle found on many "duckbill" shells. That type of buckle was, I believe, used on these helmets made prior to the onset of hostilities, so maybe the liner system was replaced when the helmet was refurbished. All in all it is in fairly good shape. This shell type is not often encountered in this configuration. Hope you like it, Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Double Decal Fire/Police Helmet - M33 "Duckbill" Shell   Double Decal Fire/Police Helmet - M33 "Duckbill" Shell  

Double Decal Fire/Police Helmet - M33 "Duckbill" Shell   Double Decal Fire/Police Helmet - M33 "Duckbill" Shell  

Double Decal Fire/Police Helmet - M33 "Duckbill" Shell   Double Decal Fire/Police Helmet - M33 "Duckbill" Shell  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Double Decal Fire/Police Helmet - M33 "Duckbill" Shell
    P
    Many

Another super helmet Jim, nice to see it's "life" being played out in it's marks and re-working. Leon.

?

Thumbs up

I dunno Jim, you do post some "rubbish" lol, just how many helmets do you have and how big is the warehouse you keep them in??? lol
    By the way 1955 was a very good year lol

Quote by davejb View Post
    I dunno Jim, you do post some "rubbish" lol, just how many helmets do you have and how big is the warehouse you keep them in??? lol
    By the way 1955 was a very good year lol
    Thanks guys. Dave, I agree that 1955 was a good year, I turned "1". I guess I have about 500 helmets in total - most are WWI and WWII German pieces. The majority of the rest are US helmets, but I have a pretty good assortment of pieces from other nations as well. I have been collecting for over 54 years, so I have had a lot of time to accumulate a fairly eclectic assortment of helmets. Unfortunately I don't have room in the house to display them so most are in storage. I try to rotate the stock fairly regularly to keep the " helmet room" fresh since I can't display more the 20 - 25 pieces at a time. Each time I pull a box out of storage I get the same thrills that I experienced when I originally acquired the pieces contained in each box. I really enjoy the hobby, and hope that I am able to continue to collect for many more years to come. Cheers, Jim G.

MAP
    ?

Jim,

Need any help? I can offer up some free storage space for you. Climate controlled and behind glass so nothing to worry about. I'll even pay the shipping!!! LoL!

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

500 helmets!!!!!!, thats a collectors dream mate, There was a guy I knew who had quite a large house, and a large collection of helmets, all different nations from war time period, but the majority of which were German, they were everywhere, but one of the best displays was the two landing staircase, all the way up the stairs he had built recesses into the walls travelling diagonally upwards. In each recess there was a helmet so as you walked up you saw all the German helmets, about twenty in all, 10 on each staircase, how the guy ever got to bed at night I dont know lol