Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Double decal M??

Article about: Hi, i'm new here and today i've bought my first stahlhelm from an old Belgian. He told me he had it stored for 30+ years and originally bought it from an old guy in the bastogne region. I do

HCM
    ?

Default Double decal M??

Hi, i'm new here and today i've bought my first stahlhelm from an old Belgian. He told me he had it stored for 30+ years and originally bought it from an old guy in the bastogne region.
    I don't know much about the subject, since i'm only into collecting mausers lately, so any info will be very welcome!

Tried to make some pics...can make more on request
    Did i get ripped off or was it a bargain for €250?

Double decal M??Double decal M??Double decal M??Double decal M??Double decal M??Double decal M??Double decal M??Double decal M??

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Double decal M??
    P
    Many

?

Yes you were taken advantage of. Sorry.

HCM
    ?

Thx for the quick reaction, what's "real" or what's not?

HCM
    ?

Anyone willing to be a little more specific? Are it just the decals? bad paintjob? or is there more going on?

Those are two major points, yes - I'm also seeing the
    red colour of a Norwegian liner.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Yep, I'm afraid you were stung.
    Bad decal(s), paint, and a postwar Norwegian dyed liner to boot.
    Probably too late to help you now, but for future reference, post up anything you may be considering
    purchasing here for opinions before buying. Don't forget to post good quality pics, ask politely,
    and the collective knowledge of our good members will share their knowledge more than willingly.

PS, A quick and easy to remember tip. If you ever see a DD Heer M40 for sale, be very cautious, even sceptical.
    They do exist but are harder to find than rocking horse poo, or hen's teeth.

Brad.

The old belgian was an evil troll! !
    The norwegian post war liners had dome head brass rivets whereas german ones are flat head aluminum.
    The aged paint and decals are complete fabrications.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Looks like a Norwegian post-war reissue with added "camo" paint and horrible repro decals --- yes, it would seem the old Belgian was a deceitful troll... you should have lured him out into the sun.

HCM
    ?

Thx for the info guys. Did the norwegians use german shells, M40 in this case? (or is the whole thing post-war?) There's a code under the left ear but there's not enought depht to figure out what it says. Could it be that the faking part took place in the '80's or perhaps the 90's or was it done it done recently? maybe you people can tell by the decals. For now it looks good on top of the gunsafe and i've learned my lesson.

If i ever plan to sell to save up for a realdeal what would be a fair asking price? The www is full of rusty shells, "restored" originals, beautiful originals ruined by fake decals and deals that seem to be too good to be true within the €100,- / €250,- range.

A Norwegian post-war reissue would have used an original shell, sometimes they were left almost entirely in the original configuration --- only repainted and with Norwegian decals added, other times the original liners/straps were dyed red, if not swapped out entirely... as mentioned before, liner pins were at times swapped out too.

An original helmet in this configuration would cost you thousands of dollars --- the price you quoted would probably get you a poor condition complete one with no decals, imo. No idea on resale value --- I'd say, unfortunately, not much.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast