Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

A Double Decal M35 FHH - NS62 - Lot# D29

Article about: Here is an interesting Feldherrnhalle helmet. It is on the more typical M35 shell, an NS62, lot number D29, with a complete (albeit with one torn tongue) reinforced aluminum banded liner and

Default A Double Decal M35 FHH - NS62 - Lot# D29

Here is an interesting Feldherrnhalle helmet. It is on the more typical M35 shell, an NS62, lot number D29, with a complete (albeit with one torn tongue) reinforced aluminum banded liner and a full length chinstrap, formally issued to the Luftwaffe. In its final incarnation it is template painted the FHH brown, and adjourned with standard FHH decals in the expected configuration. The 1940 dated chinstrap was probably added when the helmet was last refurbished since there is no brown paint on it near the bales. The monument decal has a few very unfortunate chips, but overall, considering the rarity of these, I certainly can live with them. I really like the helmet because it was, quite clearly, twice reissued to the FHH. The first time it had a Luftwaffe Adler on the left and the monument decal on the right. Both of these decals are quite visable under the current FHH decals. I wish it was in the original FFH issued configuration, but it is what it is, and I am very lucky to have the opportunity to be its current custodian. Hope you like it. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A Double Decal M35 FHH - NS62 - Lot# D29   A Double Decal M35 FHH - NS62 - Lot# D29  

A Double Decal M35 FHH - NS62 - Lot# D29   A Double Decal M35 FHH - NS62 - Lot# D29  

A Double Decal M35 FHH - NS62 - Lot# D29   A Double Decal M35 FHH - NS62 - Lot# D29  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A Double Decal M35 FHH - NS62 - Lot# D29
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Very odd. My first post disappeared

Jim,

A VERY nice helmet. You are very fortunate to have the opportunity to own one of these.

Congratulations

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

WOW Jim, I love the over decaling of the Luftwaffe Adler. The chipping to the Monument decal does not detract in the slightest in my opinion, as these are very scarce helmets. One day I hope to get one myself, but I fear it will not be in the near future! Thanks for showing it. Leon.

very nice helmet.

Hi all, last night I was looking at this picture and noticed, for the first time, that there are TWO Luft Adlers under the paint. There are 2 wings under the top left corner of the monument decal. It also appears that the original Adler is a first pattern droop tail Adler decal based upon the curve of the wing and that when the helmet was first issued to the FHH the first bird was painted over, and a 2nd Luft decal, definitely a second pattern type, was applied to the left side of the shell when the monument went on the right side. At some point thereafter, it was, obviously, repainted again and the current decals applied. It also seems as if the chips in the monument decal correspond to the silhouette of the second pattern bird. Am I seeing things? What do you all see? Thanks, Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A Double Decal M35 FHH - NS62 - Lot# D29  
    Last edited by helmet2id; 06-15-2015 at 01:32 PM.

Very nice helmet Jim.
    I do agree with you on the DD lufteaffe.
    Chris